Window Washers

how do you price a job
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »
just read a post and got me thinking on how others price work.

per window (what do you class as a window)
per job
by time

I tend to price as I see as I know how long it will take and what I want, just interested to know what others do.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

steve rix

Re: how do you price a job
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »
See Jackals post

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:53 pm »
See Jackals post
I did hence why I made a thread so all in one place  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

britishwill

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »
I count the windows and then times by 1.5.
One window to me is counted as two windows that are not big windows if that makes sense. For example a regular patio door size window is 1 window. I always clean the garage doors and again that is counted as 1 window.
Then I look at the price and think about the time it will take and also how difficult the windows are. If it all make adds up then thats the price I quote.
I always quote on the higher side, even from when I started out. I wanted to grow with good value work and not worry too much if I do not get the job.
I normally win 1 in 2.5 quotes. But I do not have any grudge cleans all are priced well and what I want to earn per hour

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18:38 pm »
I am getting +- 2 quid a window. All I do is price as close to the jobs I already do as most are new builds and can group them easily. I price according to time and check by 2 quid a window, door and 3 patio door.