Window Washers

anyone know about window cleaner pro?
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:10:09 am »
Hi all,

does anyone know how to get access to files/data in windowcleaner pro should the program have an error ?

the pc that I used to run this program went down and is now in pc heaven.
Meaning the liecence will not work on new machine ::)

I have contacted support but I guess they are busy or not at work yet, meaning I have  work to do but cant access the details for it.

There is no contact number from them so I have to sit on my hands waiting.
Anyone no Ian's phone number ?

Any ideas ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

Re: anyone know about window cleaner pro?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:27:12 am »
Support has dropped to 9-5 mon - fri now Ian.

Only way is to wait for them to get back to you via email for a internet backup

I still do the internet backups, but also save to a memory stick now.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:48 am »
Support has dropped to 9-5 mon - fri now Ian.

Only way is to wait for them to get back to you via email for a internet backup

I still do the internet backups, but also save to a memory stick now.
Cheers for letting me know.

I have the back up, i really want to have a chat with them as this is a massive failing point for me,  because once locked out you cant get in without them, this not being very good at all even microsoft are not this bad and there programs are alot more expensive. does anyone know how to use the backup file in another program like excel should this happen again I need to find a way round it.

I'm looking for a fail safe option as if the site goes down and/or they stop trading (which could happen not saying it will)  I would be right in the brown stuff and I don't like that option.

What are others doing?

Luckly I have another computer to download a trial but if I didnt and many don't, I would now be seriously out of pocket and from where i'm sat thats not a nice thought.

Always good to have a plan B C and D  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Smart Carpet

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »
Hi Mate,

You can download the 45 day free trial and access your WCP database on the trial, you should be able to make contact with Brad or Ian before the 45 day trial expires!

They're pretty quick at replying, in my experience.

Hope that helps,

R W C™

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 02:32:53 pm »
Can you not down load the trial version then put back up file back on...

Smart Carpet

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »
Also, if you are looking for a fail safe, keep hard copy back up's of your round, I have just printed off worksheets with all the round on.  This gives you all the contact details etc.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »
The biggest drawback to WCPro is the lack of being able to get the data into a format that can be read by other programs (usually .csv).  Although I didn't trial the program for very long, it looked a nice program apart from that - but that one failing put me off in a big way.