Graham

green glide leaking air
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:13:11 pm »
just put one on the wand for the first time and cleaned a carpet at home and seems to work great. the only thing i noticed is it leaks air at the edges of the wand, is this normal or do i need to seal the ends with something  ???
it seems to fit ok

regards graham

carpetmas5

Re: green glide leaking air
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:27:12 pm »
Just some times you do need to seal them due too wand bowing etc, all you need to do is seal up with a bathroom sealent & leave for 24 hours.

sanjuro

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:05:25 pm »
By edges do you mean the very outside ends or the long back and front edges ? if it is the outside edges read below.

It depends on which machine you are using it with it is the manufacturers recommendation that the ends have a small gap if you are using a truckmount (for greater airflow) but if you are using a portable you should seal up the ends BUT if you have a triple vac portable you would be better off trying it first with the ends unsealed ( i have a Scorpion and mine is unsealed and seems to work better that way )

Graham

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:31:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply's.

We are using it with a truckmount, so I guess that there should be a small gap at the edges (short edge not long edge). We've been using it today with no problems so far.

Thanks again