Bennie25

Re: Glides
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 08:28:58 pm »
stuff some news paper in there,

that'll look good ;D

Dave Roelants

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 11:04:11 pm »
Lets be quite clear here, we're not talking about gluing a glide to the wand here, it 's not necessary. Were talking about sealing. A Greenglide will fit a new wand perfectly, it may not fit perfectly to the wand you've cleaned 100sq. miles of carpet with, run over nails and doorbars and reversed over with your van.Goop is a great sealant but not that good a glue. Gorrilla is a good glue but not a good sealant
To reiterate:-

Sealing glides to wands  GOOP

glueing hose cuffs to hoses  GORILLA GLUE
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

*paul_moss

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 11:08:40 pm »
Dave im going to mix them both together.
Does any body want to buy any gorillagoop ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 12:12:52 am »
Sure glad I read this.

Paul, don't modify anything, if you are not happy with the "look" of a Hybrid, it's GreenGlides policy to Exchange your Glide for a Slot or Hole glide of your choice, Free of charge.

So send me an email and I will ensure you receive the glide you want, our guarantee is unlimited so it matters not that you modified yours, I guarantee you will be happy with one of the other designs as this is probably what you are after with your mods....only you won't have to compromise structural integrity in the pursuit of perfection.

Mark Although the Glides "generally fit like a glove, there is some variance in the welding of the stainless steel, so a lil' dab of GOOP on the corners will ensure you are good to go, I will send you some today, just email me an address.  Now that said, to be perfectly honest a small "trickle" of airflow on each corner of the wand will not effect extraction with a TM, now I said trickle not a LEAK!

So....how much is OK and how much demands a bit of sealer?

Judge by your extraction, as long as you are recovering well you leak is not a leak.  BUT if you are leaving wetter carpets, you now know what to do, so get er' done!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 06:48:37 am »
JEFF.
Where can i buy some goop hydramaster don't stock it although that's who i just bought the glide of anthony.gill7@tiscali.co.uk
mine is used on portie

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 09:07:18 pm »
Thanks Jeff
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
Jeff I have 3 glides. Started off with slotted then bought a holed one then a hybrid.
Its not a case of they were not any good they are all good and do what they say on the tin  ;)I just like playing around with things so sorry to have butchered your master pieces  :'(.

I have removed all the joins along the mouth of the gide and opened it up wider so its the same width as the wand mouth. It sucks more now but still a lot easier to move along the carpet than with out a glide. Because I have opened it up more it has loosened its grip on the wand as it did not need any adhesion before.Any way I have put the gorilla glue on it and its done the trick by the looks of things, see how it is in a few months.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 09:52:01 pm »
Goop goes out on monday, HM will have it in stock.

So....you removed all the "bridges" that give the slot glide support?
Bet she grabs harder now...lol
It'll probably flex like mad, so have fun with it as long as you know what you are doing I will sleep better now.

*paul_moss

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 10:07:17 pm »
Goop goes out on monday, HM will have it in stock.

So....you removed all the "bridges" that give the slot glide support?
Bet she grabs harder now...lol
It'll probably flex like mad, so have fun with it as long as you know what you are doing I will sleep better now.

When I first did it, the wand sucked harder than it did minus the glide  :o, stuck to the carpet.
But I also reshaped the angle of the back lip by sanding this relieved the airflow and now its a good un  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

garyj

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
Id like to give Glides a go, but how will they help on a 135 Ninja. The jets on the supplied wand are a mile away from the carpet as they are, let alone adding another couple of inches.

As the work comes in more each week I am thinking of a new machine already. The Ninja comes with a pipe to empty the clean water tank, I was really surprised just how slow the water comes out, it does seem a lot weaker than my old Pro Plus.

*paul_moss

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 10:33:17 pm »
Gary they will just make life a bit easier for you when wanding, especially on large areas. You should get some performance increase as well just depends on which wand your using.
They only increase the height by about 1/4 inch so that should not cause you to much trouble even with a 135 psi pump, like every thing else you just have to try them,some love them some hate em.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk