*paul_moss

flood work price
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:04:42 pm »
This is for the guys who do flood work. I got a call this morning from a local housing association who I do work for,but this is the first time for flood work.
Basically its a large 2 year old building with 20 flats in it. A pipe has burst ( clean water) on the 3rd floor ( it has 4 floors) and has gone right the way down to the basement through the walls and ceilings. Lucky only 2 flats were damaged and a couple of hallways. I spent the best part of the day extracting the carpets to 2 flats and a couple of areas in the hall ways. I have put a cople of turbos in the flats to dry them out over night ( the people have been put up in a hotel for a few days).
I will go back tomorrow and check things through and prob leave the turbos going throuh the day to fully dry it out. All carpets and furniture have been saved through swift intervention by myself and others.

What price would you guys who deal with this stuff charge. It will be going through their insurance, also bear in mind they are a very large association whom I have just recently got a contract for any  work for them in carpet and upholstery cleaning.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

*paul_moss

Re: flood work price
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:13:57 pm »
Oh forgot to add I pulled out about 800 litres of water out of this place.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 05:31:12 pm »
hi there

paul

the next thing to look for is if youve taken out 800 litres, how much is still in the fabric of the building.

rwe would be looking into wall voids, floors, and at plaster and ceilings, to dry out the property

re charge today.well we would take from out rate card.

you really need to be loking if there is any other drting apart from the carpet.

togive you an idea we did a block last year, pipe burst on 2nd floor, 2nd floor and 1st floor flats extensive water damage. ground floor not to bad,  all clean water

all flooring ripped out etc,

took about 3 weeks to dry the structure.

any questions please ask

regards

martin

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 05:37:52 pm »
Some walls are wet and a couple of ceiling are soaked, there own contracters are dealing with that as they are a large company they have a building and maintence department, they just wanted me to remove as much water out of the base as I could and sort the carpets out.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 05:41:18 pm »
hi there

right ok

well i would be looking to charge a call out and an hourly rate plus any chemicvals you used

regards

martin