Ben Naylor

Airflex electrical issue
« on: August 31, 2022, 06:15:38 am »
Hi all,

I'm having an electrical issue with my Airflex Storm.  As soon as I turn on the second power cable at the wall socket, it trips the circuit.  The first power cable is fine and the fans turn on, as well as the pump and first vac.

I have changed the plug/fuse, no luck.  I also swapped the cables inside the machine to see if it's anything to do with the secondary cable.  It is not, as when I wire it up to the prmary outlet, the machine powers up fine with the fans on etc.

I've got a big job this weekend where both vacs will be needed, so does anyone have any thoughts on what might be tripping it?  I've read somewhere it could be the fan or switch?  I'm going to get in touch with Cleansmart today but any help from on here is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

john martin

Re: Airflex electrical issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 12:47:51 am »
so its probably the second vac motor  ...  at least disconnect it and see if its not tripping without the vac connected  .   If its not  the vac  , then follow the cable back  ,  is there a another fan on that cable ? not sure but try disconnecting it if there is  ...  then what else is there   ...the switch itself ?  could be  ... you could swap the wires to the other switch thats working to test ?  although you already swapped the cable inside ? so not the switch ?
probably the vac .      Always have a spare incase .

Ben Naylor

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 06:45:08 am »
Thanks John.  It was the Vac motor in the end!  Thanks for the advice :)

mark turton

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 10:58:52 pm »
hi ben
i know its too late for your job as ive only just logged in and seen this post.

regarding tripping on your storm when you plug in vac.

I had this on my airflex turbo it would sometimes trip. Other than circuit breakers on your plug begore plugging into customer sockets, also try to plug your plugs into different sockets. Sometimes its the wiring on the customers house and your pulling to much from their socket (each socket is 13 amp). If theyve got other things on thier ring main drawing power and you plug in your beast it could easily trip. Ive not had problems since ove used plugs in opposing sockets.
hope this resolves your issue.