RossKet

Risk assessment and method statement.
« on: July 20, 2022, 07:35:40 am »
Good morning,

I have recently won a few schools contracts, cleaning carpets throughout. I need to provide a risk assessment and method statement. 

Its been a few years since I have used both due to Covid, and now I can't find either on my computer files, can anyone assist ? I would be grateful with any help.

Email is enquiries@supercleanproservices.co.uk

dustee

Re: Risk assessment and method statement.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 09:26:47 pm »
Each risk assessment / method statement is different for each job

https://www.hse.gov.uk/simple-health-safety/risk/risk-assessment-template-and-examples.htm

Anika Queen

Re: Risk assessment and method statement.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 06:06:32 pm »
Sure, here is a basic outline for creating a Risk Assessment and Method Statement for carpet cleaning:
Risk Assessment:
Identify the hazards: assess the area and identify any potential hazards, such as electrical equipment, trip hazards, hazardous materials, etc.
Evaluate the risks: assess the likelihood and consequences of each identified hazard, and determine the level of risk associated with each.
Record your findings: write down your findings, including the hazards identified, the risks associated with each, and any control measures in place or required to reduce or eliminate the risks.
Review and update: review and update your risk assessment regularly, or when there are any changes to the work environment or tasks.
Method Statement:
Introduction: explain the purpose and scope of the method statement, including the cleaning process, equipment, and chemicals to be used.
Health and Safety: identify any health and safety requirements, including PPE, and how they will be addressed.
Cleaning process: describe the step-by-step process for cleaning the carpets, including preparation, application of cleaning agents, and drying.
Equipment and materials: list the equipment and materials required, and how they will be used.
Emergency procedures: describe the procedures to be followed in case of an emergency, such as a spill or injury.
Conclusion: summarize the key points of the method statement, and emphasize the importance of following the procedures for safe and effective carpet cleaning.
Note: This is just a general outline, and you should always consult relevant regulations and guidelines for your specific country, region or state.