jo5hm4n

Advertising with estate agents?
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:37:32 pm »
I don't advertise at all, never really needed too.  due to health issues i can no longer effectively canvass new work, so i have been relying on canvassing companies which does work.  I was approached by a local estate agent that has 5 agencies within my area, most areas which i already cover.  They are looking for 1 cleaning company to be represented in their leaflet that is handed to all buyers/sellers + new rental tenants.  The brochure has a list of professional local services for people who are perhaps moving into the area.  I will be the only window cleaner on their brochure.  Apparently 10,000 will be ordered which should last them 2 years on average.  Starting price is £195 + VAT per year on a 2 year contract.  Payment split over 4 months.

Has anybody on here done this type of advertising before?  I'm considering it, but i have never tried anything like this before.

The advert will cost me £234 per year.  So i would need to get say 2 customers for a regular monthly clean at £12 ea, for it to pay for the advert over the course of a year.  Anything else would then be a bonus.

What we saying guys?

Yay or Nay

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Advertising with estate agents?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:40:02 pm »
I would imagine you will mainly only get one off cleans buddy for the purpose of selling and the photo shoot.  So cost that into it bud
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 05:47:05 pm »
I f you keep your witts  about you , it could be a winner as long as you price above the norm and have payment up front .
Although you could be in for lots of one offs that havent been done for the whole length of the tenancy , only one way to find out though buddie is to try , and then you can say  "Never again"  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 06:25:21 pm »
I always get suspicious when people approach me with "opportunities".

Have you had them idiots from the golf course meithering you? Don take no for an answer either, I emailed them twice saying I am not interested and please stop contacting me, only to get more "offers" . I rang the guy up in the end and told him to politely STOP.

The advertisers make all the money, not the advertisements.

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:27:02 pm »
That is cheap though for 10,000 ad's!

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:36:01 pm »
I personally wouldn’t do it. Spend money on leaflets and delivery. You’d have to spend more than £235 to get a good return, but you will just be one supplier. One advert is just one advert. If you’re really on the march for new customers an ad on its own won’t be much use.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 09:06:37 pm »
Yes we have been working with a couple of estate agents for 15+ years they recomend us to all there potential customers for window cleaning, UPVCcleaning , softwashing , pressurewashing , gutter vaccing , we get loads of work from it very good idear been meaning to get some flyers done but never have the time , I have a portfolio of photos on my iPad that is a before and after pictures showing the kind of results that can be achieved most people are totaly unaware of what can be done and the difference it will make to the property , also when they are selling a few hundred pounds on cleaning is nothing on the sale of a property of £200:000 to several million I would thoroughly recomend all window cleaners give it a go

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 10:07:15 pm »
That is cheap though for 10,000 ad's!
Going out over two years though. So they say.
And the locations could be a problem. It's highly unlikely a particular area will be targeted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »
i would rather try something like this

www.windowcleaningleads.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 08:36:09 am »

Well done Adam!

Might give this a go in the near future.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 11:24:00 am »

Did Thompson Pro Cleaning used to be in here? I recognise the name from somewhere

jo5hm4n

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 03:48:43 pm »
Yeah that’s Adam Thompson from on here.

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 03:58:27 pm »

So it’s ‘gomo’ then ? Well well , you kept that quiet lad! lol

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

So it’s ‘gomo’ then ? Well well , you kept that quiet lad! lol

god your slow shrek!we ve all known since he got back from italy the other month! ;D

GOMO also stands for GoingOnMyOwn........(his worker left...)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 04:36:20 pm »

Did Thompson Pro Cleaning used to be in here? I recognise the name from somewhere

Noooo dazmond lol , I was on about that I didn’t know this is ‘gomos ‘ website.
It says Thompson Pro Cleaning at the bottom of the page

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 11:14:05 pm »
Yeh

Sorry it was blatant advertising by me, I wasn't thinking.  :-X

Yes I made the site and have started offering a lead generation service.

Thompson pro cleaning is me, well actually it's thompson enterprises ltd but trade as thompson pro cleaning.

That reminds me Paul Alan I need to send you an email I forgot mate sorry.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 12:05:13 am »
Yeh

Thompson pro cleaning is me, well actually it's thompson enterprises ltd but trade as thompson pro cleaning.
Not Thompson's Independent Traders?
That's catchy and would be a nice anocrym. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 08:03:41 am »
Save your money utter load of crap we did the same for three years ( tied in ) got northing at all from it we didn't even cover the first years payment , the estate agent promise the world and didn't deliver this was back in 1991 for our carpet cleaning company

Like always they fill you full of bull saying you will get all of there  rental work which  will be true if you under cut there very cheap guy they already use he will be working for penny's 

Then they say you will be recommend to all customers which you won't and there's no way on monertring it ether

But it's your cash you do what you thinks right

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:35 am »
Yeh

Not Thompson's Independent Traders?
That's catchy and would be a nice anocrym.

You can mock all you like. I just wanted a generic name in case I decided to do something else other than cleaning.

It doesn't need to be catchy it's just to serve a purpose.