Tosh

Amazing what a bit of hypo does.
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:01:14 pm »

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tom-01

Re: Amazing what a bit of hypo does.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:07:08 pm »
Your van isn't there.. Did you really do it?  ;D

Good work. Was it sprayed on hypo or the gel?

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »
how did you do it just spray on and and rinse with wfp? ive had a couple of customers with nice big houses ask if there is anything  i can do about there render similar to your pic, i reckon sold rightly you can make some decent money out of them its not something ive really thought about in the past but it breaks from the normal day to day window cleaning.

The results look really good

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 07:11:01 pm »
I used 15% diluted down to about 5% which didn’t seem to do the trick so just used 15% sprayed on.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:08:07 pm »
I used 15% diluted down to about 5% which didn’t seem to do the trick so just used 15% sprayed on.

That's bonkers  :o
...YEHAA!  RIDE EM COWBOY   ;D

the king

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:48:44 pm »
15 % mixed 50 50 with water is idel for render but neat on paving slabs  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:07:12 pm »
That's still overkill for render king  :o

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:59 pm »
Smurf if I'd applied it at 5% scrubbed it and walked away would it have come clean if I returned an hour later?

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »
If you want my honest opinion there was no need to use hypo on that at all when there are safer and better alternatives you could have used.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 12:07:39 am »
Smurf if I'd applied it at 5% scrubbed it and walked away would it have come clean if I returned an hour later?

You may have seen this vid before but shows the basic steps of cleaning render using low strength SH based sofwash mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htl6ZNKtjoA

Mind at that height proccess 1 would be best to use a wfp brush to apply instead of a spray nozzle to help reduce spray drift.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 06:44:41 am »
Are the goggles to keep his hood on?

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 08:29:07 am »
I wouldnt want an eye full of bleach n soap either.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 08:40:59 am »

You may have seen this vid before but shows the basic steps of cleaning render using low strength SH based sofwash mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htl6ZNKtjoA

Mind at that height proccess 1 would be best to use a wfp brush to apply instead of a spray nozzle to help reduce spray drift.

What about the grass. Won't this stuff kill that Smurf?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 10:01:00 am »

This vid maybe of interest if you have not seen it before which is relevant not just for roof cleaning.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTB5dlDr_4c

lal

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 10:06:37 am »

Looks like a good job done to me.

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 10:29:43 am »
Lal I'm not disputing the fact it looks better than it did before. What worries me the most is that anyone can buy SH but most don't seem to have a clue how to use it safely. Used neat or at higher diluted strengths it's also very corrosive so can damage the property you are working on  ::)roll

M Roberts

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 05:12:06 pm »
Lal I'm not disputing the fact it looks better than it did before. What worries me the most is that anyone can buy SH but most don't seem to have a clue how to use it safely. Used neat or at higher diluted strengths it's also very corrosive so can damage the property you are working on  ::)roll
Sorry, is this the same guy that had to go to hospital for using SH without gloves  ::)roll

lal

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 05:35:50 pm »

Hi Smurf, my comment was not personally directed at you, i had just looked at the before & after photos and made my
 comment, but i totally accept what your saying about these very strong chemicals being dangerous if used without proper
 knowledge & training, it goes without saying.

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:55 pm »

its ok payment will have cleared by then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 05:38:18 pm »
Sorry, is this the same guy that had to go to hospital for using SH without gloves  ::)roll

Yes it is funny enough  ;D ;D