dazmond

do you see yourself earning more............
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »
...money this year?

year on year for the last 4 years ive earned a steady £3,000+ more every year. so just over £12,000 extra per year than i did 4 years ago.

ok so im not going to be a millionaire any time soon but im doing ok for a sole trader. ;D

ive hardly gone out looking for work,a little bit of leafleting and canvassing occasionally but usually its proved fruitless so i usually just take on recommendations and rely on word of mouth.

this year i would like to earn £5,000 more(which will pay for my van)so i think with my imminent price rises and some extra good paying jobs should allow me to reach my goal.

im 4 years through a 5 year plan to turn my little business around and im on target but i think ive reached a bit of a plateau and lost a little bit of drive of late.

i know its just a phase and ill be firing again on all cylinders soon.im on top of my game in regards to the service i provide but i do get a bit lazy from time to time in regards to going out looking for new work.

ive also been guilty of blowing money on fancy restaurants,clothes,hotels and trips to new york,paris and bulgaria! ;D ;D

drum kits as well!!new sofas,cookers,fridges,stereos etc!when really i should of been putting some money away for a new van!lesson learned methinks.

so its left me cutting back on nights out and holidays(for the time being!)and saving hard for my next van.

i can comfortably save £1,200 a month for my new van so it wont be long before ill have the money for one but when i do ill be putting aside £150 a month every month for my next one!

i also tend to have a week off nearly every month when all my works completed when really i should be going out getting a bit more work.

i guess ive just got "comfortable" with my lifestyle and workload.i think getting a new van,signwriting and a bigger tank will give me a push to work a bit more(or longer days).

how are you guys doing?

very best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bobplum

Re: do you see yourself earning more............
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:22:29 pm »
no, kids still sucking me dry >:(

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:24:13 pm »
Daz, with your price increase and if you were to work full time I reckon you could earn 10,000 more a year.

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:32:50 pm »
The way your going Daz you'll be paying vat soon! ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:41:49 pm »
My income forecast for ye 2014 is up 9 grand compared to ye 2013 that's what George is telling me ,I'm looking to get it up by at least twelve.
I'm not giving it the billy big spud it's true,and its all from canvassing and recommendations and it's only march so I'm deff looking to achieve my target.
Not looking for flack from you guys just being honest

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »
My income forecast for ye 2014 is up 9 grand compared to ye 2013 that's what George is telling me ,I'm looking to get it up by at least twelve.
I'm not giving it the billy big spud it's true,and its all from canvassing and recommendations and it's only march so I'm deff looking to achieve my target.

Good on you Colin.  There'll be people along soon to call you a liar; ignore them and keep onwards until you get to a level you like.

Vin

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:48:39 pm »

Good on you Colin.  There'll be people along soon to call you a liar; ignore them and keep onwards until you get to a level you like.

Vin
thanks mate,I know some will think I'm lying but I have the proof on George,I've no need to lie or makes things up,I'm not made that way,and also not bothered what others think,I was only answering a post,best I get my tin hat on ready for the flack

Window Lickers

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:54:26 pm »
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 07:58:35 pm »

SeanK

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »

Why would anybody call you a liar you've increased you workload and are earning extra from it.
Twelve grand extra work is excellent going over a year and very doable with the right attitude.

SeanK

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:05:30 pm »

colin bird

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »

Why would anybody call you a liar you've increased you workload and are earning extra from it.
Twelve grand extra work is excellent going over a year and very doable with the right attitude.
thanks mate yes it is possible ,but some will beg to differ

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »
well done colin its took me 4 years to earn an extra £12,000 a year!! ;D

my goals are much smaller but doable and realistic for me.i think what im trying to achieve is a good work/life balance while earning half decent money to allow me to do the things i wanna do.

ive learnt from past experiences and i know my limitations but an extra day or twos work a month wouldnt do me any harm.although i find myself looking forward to a week off at the end of the month(or beginning of the month depending on work due)once im through my current workload!

i couldnt see me working 5 or 6 days EVERY week as it would just make me miserable and i would try and compensate by buying even more things which negates the reason for having a "lifestyle" micro business! ;D
price higher/work harder!

LWC

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07:08 pm »
I can see you earning more now youve dumped the hot water  ;D

gary999

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »
should be a 25% increase this year,more if i get my act together.

colin bird

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 08:11:30 am »
well done colin its took me 4 years to earn an extra £12,000 a year!! ;D

my goals are much smaller but doable and realistic for me.i think what im trying to achieve is a good work/life balance while earning half decent money to allow me to do the things i wanna do.

ive learnt from past experiences and i know my limitations but an extra day or twos work a month wouldnt do me any harm.although i find myself looking forward to a week off at the end of the month(or beginning of the month depending on work due)once im through my current workload!

i couldnt see me working 5 or 6 days EVERY week as it would just make me miserable and i would try and compensate by buying even more things which negates the reason for having a "lifestyle" micro business! ;D
that's the good thing about window cleaning,you can generate the income you want,and can also have the lifestyle you want.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:24 am »
I have a goal of 600 new customers this year, this amount should see me earn the same as I did last year. Work that one out!!  ;D

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »

Josh,

Is that just window cleaning... Or do you still do contract cleaning to?

Andy

James Bulton

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »
The most important thing in the first 3 years to doing plenty of spade work. And you can free wheel after that.It will self perpetuate after that.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 09:11:45 pm »
iam going the other way less money more time at home  ;)