Mike #1

Re: Tds reading going up already?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 07:31:15 am »
Just checked my water in static tank 56ppm  :o :o :o :o , So been cleaning windows with a high TDS for a little while now .

Had no complaints and it has been warm and sunny all week so some windows have dried while still at houses and windows have been spotless no signs of spotting at all . Mike

oldman

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 07:59:07 am »
Cheshire, Have you connected the DI Vessel flow direction correct.....tap water to the 'INLET' and not the 'OUTLET'.

I painted a little direction arrow on the top of my DI Vessels to remind me.

oldman

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 08:20:23 am »
Also, I don't DI on the van, but maybe your flow of 50-60 is a bit high through the resin.....

^^Just an idea......others guys here will know better than me.

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 08:37:11 am »
Take your riser tube out and measure the tds of the water in the di tank.
If its at 000 then your flow could be to quick.
I think you might have got a bad batch of resin or resin that's been recharged.
Always buy resin from a reputable dealer.

mufcglen

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »
right rechecked it today guys and its 000 just the way we like it, when i checked it yesterday i filled my unger trad bucket with abit of water as i had nothing else, wonder if there was something else in there?
never had any spotting on any windows either!
have to say today my arms,sorry guns are killing me! feel like someones stabbed me in the side of the biceps :-[

Mike #1

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »
Just checked my water in static tank 56ppm  :o :o :o :o , So been cleaning windows with a high TDS for a little while now .

Had no complaints and it has been warm and sunny all week so some windows have dried while still at houses and windows have been spotless no signs of spotting at all . Mike

I use a water butt and some  crap finds it way in including slugs due to top not been able to screw down as water coming out of DI was 34ppm .

Tank in back of truck was 69ppm  :o :o :o with floaters in so spent 2hrs draining and cleaning both tanks throughly all good now thankfully must set reminders to check TDS .

Had to call on customers house which i did yesterday and got look at another 2 neighbours i did as well and both spotless in bright sunshine .

Changing static set up and putting filters in place as well as securing a cover over top of tank with a couple of bungees . Mike

mufcglen

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »
i went collecting last night and a few of the windows i was checking out in the dark and they look absolutely spot on, no smears or anything like when i went tradding :-[

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 06:01:16 pm »
right rechecked it today guys and its 000 just the way we like it, when i checked it yesterday i filled my unger trad bucket with abit of water as i had nothing else, wonder if there was something else in there?
never had any spotting on any windows either!
have to say today my arms,sorry guns are killing me! feel like someones stabbed me in the side of the biceps :-[

I fill the protective cap on the TDS meter to test mine. ;)

david mark

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »
I live in Blackpool got the same reading out of tap 70 ppm started with Di only 6 years ago went through loads of resin after six months. installed R.O down to 2 ppm stays there for months and I use 2300 litres per day dont use resin at all to polish total waste of money

mufcglen

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 08:29:52 am »
Wow you must do some!
2300 litres a day no wonder you went through resin, I'm using about 3-400 litres a day at the moment although I used more the first few days but now I'm working out best flow setting on controller and finding 50-55 works good

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 11:39:13 am »
Good stuff,must have been that bucket.

So when the tds rises to 1 thats the time to put other vessel in.

So you have 2 vessels in line and get 000 but you can clean up to 10 or so,I prefer 6 or 7.

When your tds starts to rise again to 1 thats the time to change the first vessel,as it is probably at about your tap tds of 70,so is useless anyway.

Old resin goes in landfill.

So thats what I do but sometimes let tds rise till Ican be bothered to change it but ideally should be changed at about 001.

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 11:41:43 am »
Appologies if that is obvious.

mufcglen

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:58 am »
Cheers fella, that's what I intend to do, hopefully this method will make it all last!
Out of a 25 kg bag would you say it fills two bottles with a little bit left over?

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 12:10:23 pm »
Aye,youll have 2 or 3 kilos left over,I squeeze air out and put a cable tie on then fold over and store.

I always use tulsion now from Dougie Daqua.