david68

Re: Just bought an area on this nationwide window cleaners site.
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 12:44:30 am »
I no expert and would not say the brightest person around.
But all that have paid for this, put the invoice through your books an this way at least you will pay less tax.

The company that owns the website that all these people are paying money in to, Fair play to you your business idea is working for you, without promising anybody any work.
This is why i say i am not the brightest person (I wish i would have created a similar website, more profit than trying to produce water fed poles etc)..

Then only thing i would have done before accepting money from window cleaners, was to make sure in any search engine, that if somebody was looking for a window cleaner in a certain area. The web site i created will at least show on the first page of the search result, put do better than that get up the top of the search page, Once this was done, then i would accept payments from window cleaners.

I did type in Google "looking for a window cleaner in a certain area and postcode"

Did not view anymore than the first page of results even the side adds, could not find this company anywhere,
I did get yel.com come within the first 5, which cost me nothing to join.

But i am not stating this is a bad idea, nothing ventured-nothing gained.

But very good idea for a quick business and could work........I may not be to late after all, i have website templates

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 05:43:20 am »
Why pay someone else, when you can have your own website and get good results
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Steve CM

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2011, 06:58:49 am »
Am I missing something here? It's only 25 quid until February. I think it's only that as a tester so the site can prove you some results before paying the full fee.

If it's a disaster and I don't get anything in the next 3 months then I'll stop the subscription.

For a little punt it's worth a go

aztec

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2011, 07:04:02 am »
my thoughts exactly mate

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011, 07:12:43 am »
hasn't this all been done before ??

didn't window washers had a network -   then there was iwantawindowcleaner.com ...

personally i think it's very much on the expensive side

just a quick breakdown for you

Not including canvassing ( which brings in 75% of biz )
of the rest

only 10% of new biz for us comes though the  internet

70% is via the van and being seen
10% recomendations
8% local parish mags etc..
2% leaflet drops

the above is just a breakdown for me

Darran

Window washers is similar but not the same.  It's based on towns rather than postcodes - and it's a lot cheaper.
Iwantawindowcleaner.com was a different concept and business model - the main differences being that radio ads were the main vehicle for directing potential customers to the website and that you only paid for the work you actually got.  Indeed I understand the initial reason for it was to get more work for the owner and to sell on any that was in the radio station's advertising area but not within Pryor's Window Cleaning's work catchment area.

aztec

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 07:19:41 am »
lets all not knock it until we have tried it shall we?
i dont part with my hard earned cash easily  :P usually but if this works the potential customer base will be massive but lets wait and see, i have spent more on a round of drinks before so start knocking it if it DOESNT work, until then if you dont want to join up then shut up !!!

Darranvps

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 07:43:34 am »
He who pays - wins!
The rest will never know.
I assume the goal is to get the website ranking on page 1 of google - which will take time.

Many good business ideas take time to develop, be patient and give it chance to start working.

Good luck guys - but I hope you don't knock me off my spot on page 1 ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 08:13:16 am »
Well,

One point that seems to have been missed is that a "free" subscription until February is worth nothing: it's the quietest period of the year for enquiries, so no-one's going to know if this is working before they start on the monthly subscription.

There are 2900 postcode districts (e.g. SO15) in the UK.  Each area I looked at on their website had three districts, suggesting around 1,000 areas. £25 deposit and £25 a month for residential = £50 (that's just in the first month) . Commercial £25 deposit then £50 = £75. £125 per area.  1,000 of those areas and you're looking at £125,000 return for just signing people up, let alone the monthly income of £75,000.

So, keep people for a year and you have a turnover of £950K.  That would either pay for a lot of advertising (making it a success for the people who have signed up) or a lot of holidays in the Bahamas (making it a success for the people who set up the site).  Time will tell.

Vin

Pope vader

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:47 am »
didnt some one do this a on a smaller scale a few months ago, selling on the leads,  how did that go?

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:06 am »
Whos going to get the cream :o
Spit and polish

Lee Pryor

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 11:21:01 am »
I fancy a punt at this but every time I fill the form out and enter a town it just says the page could not be found??????
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

poleman

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 11:29:11 am »
well I have tryed sign up about nine times and just get page not found

think are give this site a miss

BORBRYCE

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:30 am »
Well,

One point that seems to have been missed is that a "free" subscription until February is worth nothing: it's the quietest period of the year for enquiries, so no-one's going to know if this is working before they start on the monthly subscription.

There are 2900 postcode districts (e.g. SO15) in the UK.  Each area I looked at on their website had three districts, suggesting around 1,000 areas. £25 deposit and £25 a month for residential = £50 (that's just in the first month) . Commercial £25 deposit then £50 = £75. £125 per area.  1,000 of those areas and you're looking at £125,000 return for just signing people up, let alone the monthly income of £75,000.

So, keep people for a year and you have a turnover of £950K.  That would either pay for a lot of advertising (making it a success for the people who have signed up) or a lot of holidays in the Bahamas (making it a success for the people who set up the site).  Time will tell.

Vin

Exactly Vin, This is a win win for the set up site team. Some people though think this idea will work, and maybe it will, but I doubt that very much. All they are offering the many who sign up is hope, perhaps a trickle of work somewhere for a few of them. If I want a window cleaner I don't go national looking for one. With personal website's, names on van's, word of mouth, recommendation's, yell.com and just being seen working, there is too much competition for a web link like this to work very well.
Each to their own however.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 01:22:41 pm »
funny how we arent hearing anymore from the people who set it up. ;) :o

be nice if they would answer some of the questions :(

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »
Has anyone tried using the site to search their area?

I just had a look,.. the search results are pathetic to be honest -- a generic bit of text about "Cleaners in your area" and a quick enquiry form. The results do not display any company details, phone numbers, website links etc, which will instantly mean that 75% or more of potential customers who do a search will simply go back to google instead of filling out another form to contact you.

I could do the same type of website and charge 10% of that price,.. or I could do similar, but actually show proper results (and still be a lot cheaper). I'll even look into adding a postcode search to the Guild website if it would help bring in more enquiries!

deeege

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 01:42:46 pm »
I'd like to know how much they are planning to spend on advertising, adwords etc before even considering it.

Also after the initial interest thread was posted, I was told that I would receive an email telling me when this site was going live. I havnt yet received this email so until I do, I'm going to assume that it isn't live yet.

Customer service is the key.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

richywilts

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »
my reservations are if someone has took the time to log on and begin searching for a window cleaner on google or whatever why are they going to fill in a form and then wait for a response, surely they would just go to the nearest window cleaners site for that area and give them a ring or whichever website they prefer the look of or maybe a few to get best possible price.

me personally thats what i would do say i was searching for a graphic designer or a joiner i wouldnt sign up to a nationwide website id look local

good luck with it charlie and huw, il take a punt when my new bankcard arrives
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »
Hi All

Firstly thanks for all the posative feedback

Secondly we have been instructed by cleanitup that we can not discuss matters on this site so if anyone does have any questions, please contact via the admin address

I can say that we have been caught out with how much interest and sign up we have had in 24 hours so truing to work through them all and pease bare with us

One thing I can say is we are In  this to build a brand and not a quick few quid that some have mentioned 

We aim to spend over 100k on online and local advirtising in year one

Hope we can all work together in the future

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2011, 02:46:36 pm »
Hi All

Firstly thanks for all the posative feedback

Secondly we have been instructed by cleanitup that we can not discuss matters on this site so if anyone does have any questions, please contact via the admin address

I can say that we have been caught out with how much interest and sign up we have had in 24 hours so truing to work through them all and pease bare with us

One thing I can say is we are In  this to build a brand and not a quick few quid that some have mentioned 

We aim to spend over 100k on online and local advirtising in year one

Hope we can all work together in the future

How can you build a brand with people who have & never will meet?

You will have zero control of who is representing the "brand"?