Mr Bungalow

Conservatory Valet Quote (External)
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:25:36 pm »
Hello All,

I have a conservatory roof valet to do in the new year.

I quoted for this over 8 months ago and have only just had the customer accept it, 2 weeks ago.

What would you all charge for this?

Your prices please.

Regards.

DaveG

Re: Conservatory Valet Quote (External)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:33:37 pm »
The other side of that roof will be very awkward if it slopes back down towards the house..

£100???

You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 05:40:01 pm »
I have one like that and have to walk on the roof to clean it.   :(

deeege

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:40:49 pm »
Yes very awkward. £100 -£120.

(but no doubt you are asking this question because they have accepted your price of £3-400. You charge upwards of £150 to do the windows on a semi, right?)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:41:22 pm »
£150.00

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:18 pm »
I would love to and at the same time wouldnt dare charge some of those prices. On a different note if you have a guttervac, I would vac out all debris from the back and side first.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

glen parva

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »
£180 / £200
an akward one

Stewart01

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:21:17 pm »

Hello All,

I have a conservatory roof valet to do in the new year.

I quoted for this over 8 months ago and have only just had the customer accept it, 2 weeks ago.

What would you all charge for this?

Your prices please.

Regards.
How you planning on reaching the sloping rear panels and frame??  ??? ???

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:39:12 pm »
You can reach the sloping parts from the house..

IE: take your hose in the bedrooms and clean from sloping roof make the customer aware that the hose can make carpets dirty and you are not responsible for that..

If i was cleaning it WFP i would think as long as i had access from the house for the akward sloping roof i dont think it will take more then 2 hours just wfp cleaning i might do it for £70, but it depends if its a deep clean they are after £100+ is fair too

"Modified"
Looking at it again .it is quite akward! with the middle bit between the 2 bedrooms

do more reseach make sure you are safe mate id say over £100 for sure.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »
I assume you will be using a conservatory roof ladder?

Hello Richy,

Yes I will be using conservatory roof ladders.  It is the only way I will be able to clean the side that is sloping towards the house.

Regards.

deeege

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »
You can reach the sloping parts from the house..

IE: take your hose in the bedrooms and clean from sloping roof make the customer aware that the hose can make carpets dirty and you are not responsible for that..

If i was cleaning it WFP i would think as long as i had access from the house for the akward sloping roof i dont think it will take more then 2 hours just wfp cleaning i might do it for £70, but it depends if its a deep clean they are after £100+ is fair too

"Modified"

:o not sure if your being serious? But dragging my hose and pole through a customers house and up the stairs is not something I would do.

Looking at it again .it is quite akward! with the middle bit between the 2 bedrooms

do more reseach make sure you are safe mate id say over £100 for sure.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »
This is what I would do.

"I'm sorry, but I can't clean the far side of the conservatory roof, but I'll clean the bit I can get to for £40".

Yes, I know I'm not professhionul, but that's what I would do.

They'd probably refuse, because what would be the point in just that?  ;D

And then I'd go and clean some more windows with less hassle.

Stewart01

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »
ive done similar ones but always had access at either end to the rear panels so could reach with pole, not sure id be dragging the hose through the house to many worries, whats the point cleaning a conservatory for x-amount then leaving a trail of muck that needs cleaning on the carpets?? if you went inside you would look like a novice that was blagging it.

As mentioned some people do climb on them but again obvious possible problems with that!!!!

Still intrigued as to how your going to do it????

I assume you will be using a conservatory roof ladder?

Hello Richy,

Yes I will be using conservatory roof ladders. It is the only way I will be able to clean the side that is sloping towards the house.

Regards.
How will conny roof ladders get you to the rear of it??

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:00 pm »
£180 / £200
an akward one

Hello John,

No where near, John!!!

rg1

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 07:11:57 pm »
Why would you want to drag hose and pole through the house??

Just extend the pole with hose attached, lean it up against bedroom window, go inside and reach out to get your pole..simples ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

TomCrowther

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 07:12:15 pm »
I would charge £150.00 and the far side can be done from the bedroom windows but of course you dont take the hose through the house? You "pass" the pole up to the open window, then go in the house do the roof windows you can reach, pass to the next window etc. Bit of a pain, but if you could get them to go for an annual clean worth doing.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »
use dust sheets in the house to keep carpets clean. they would surely never agree to letting you get there carpets dirty!?!  :o

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:39 pm »
hmmmm...

is this supposed to be a genuine question or just an oppertunity to 'Big it up' ?

it's 4 hrs work - depending on the state of the 'house side'

no doubt MrB is claiming £1000 for this one ( would be in proportion to his normal w/c rate )

the very best regards
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 08:32:40 pm »
As I suspected too.

hmmmm...

is this supposed to be a genuine question or just an oppertunity to 'Big it up' ?

it's 4 hrs work - depending on the state of the 'house side'

no doubt MrB is claiming £1000 for this one ( would be in proportion to his normal w/c rate )

the very best regards
Darran

Lee GLS

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 08:35:25 pm »
whats the point on asking what you think a job is worth when you have already got the job other than to make a statement as to how wonderful you are to get such a highly priced job and to and boast that you have the biggest dong, its a shame its not between your legs though, its between your eyes!!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 08:42:00 pm »
liked that one Lee pmsl  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Lee GLS

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:39 pm »
liked that one Lee pmsl  ;D

Im here all week ;)

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:36 pm »
Where's Mr Bungalow gone?

mci services

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 09:58:10 pm »
Where's Mr Bungalow gone?

still doing the roof I heard ;)

lee09

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »
Gonna miss him, who?

Lee GLS

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 10:14:54 pm »
oh dear was it something i said?  ??? ??? ???

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:40 pm »
whats the point on asking what you think a job is worth when you have already got the job other than to make a statement as to how wonderful you are to get such a highly priced job and to and boast that you have the biggest dong, its a shame its not between your legs though, its between your eyes!!

To satisfy himself that the price he quoted at is pretty much inline with what others charge.

I got slated last week for simply asking what others would charge. Its a fair enough question. And was it something you said? Probably.

Lee GLS

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »

To satisfy himself that the price he quoted at is pretty much inline with what others charge.

I got slated last week for simply asking what others would charge. Its a fair enough question. And was it something you said? Probably.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »
Give Mr Bungalow some credit; he didn't give a farewell speech saying something along the lines of, "This forum has really went downhill; you're all a bunch of twunts!".

He just deleted and disappeared.

But even so, deleting your account is still a bit 'teddy throwing'. ;D

I bet he'll be back, they usually do.

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 04:15:44 am »
All Mr B asked for was a price? but what did he get. Aload of craaaap.

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 06:47:39 am »
This is probably not the best place for advice, let's be honest.  Replies can be rude, misleading and downright mischievous, and few can be taken at face value.

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 07:52:33 am »
Oooooooooooooooohhhh  - nice one Lee.

Batman - MrB is supposedly an experienced w/c who banded about prices of £150/200 for a 1st clean on a semi.
I,m sure he is well aware of the price and has already got the job - it all smacks of 'look at me!!  - if he said oops
guys dropped a b@ll@ck quoted 2 hrs took me 6 OR even the other way round then thats fair play, Like yourself, i know you post some great jobs, but it's not done to rub (some) peoples faces in it.

Seeing challenging jobs on here is great and you get get some idea of what can be done and how long...
so if you come across one it can help your own quote.  - money value is irrelivant as if varies it's time taken. so you can apply hourly rate to the job

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Lee GLS

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 08:13:28 am »
Well said smudge