boshravie

Aqua-dapter Problem
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:48 pm »
Hi guys I have had one of these for past few months, the 1st one I had, wouldn’t fit my SlX pole, so they send me a new one, and this one I have had it  for only 4 months or so.  Washing the windows  today as usual and just snapped in half, now I am thinking, its not a good idea, for a manufacture to build something and don’t do much testing on it before they market and sell it.
We also find that some time when we were pulling it to turn it on and off some time the wheel would catch the long pin in wrong way and didn’t turn it on.
Does any one else have these problem?

I am certainly not happy with it after I paid all that money.

Bosh.

boshravie

Re: Aqua-dapter Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:42:33 pm »
Here is another photo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 10:48:18 pm »
not good that m8,triggers are so much better imo!

Hi guys I have had one of these for past few months, the 1st one I had, wouldn’t fit my SlX pole, so they send me a new one, and this one I have had it  for only 4 months or so.  Washing the windows  today as usual and just snapped in half, now I am thinking, its not a good idea, for a manufacture to build something and don’t do much testing on it before they market and sell it.
We also find that some time when we were pulling it to turn it on and off some time the wheel would catch the long pin in wrong way and didn’t turn it on.

Bosh.

Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

boshravie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:56:35 pm »

Bosh.

Hi Doctorwindow, you see I like the principle behind it, but the materials with which they have made this product is not tough enough, water fed pole and Brushes get lot battering every day, so they have to be very tough to withstand the movements, I think this company has to go back to the drawing board again.

erithwc

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 11:50:14 pm »
perhaps they are not designed to be droped  :-X did the wind catch your pole or something its been very windy this week  :o  ;D

Dave Anderson

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 07:30:15 am »
Great idea and in essence a great product but I think I'll wait 6 months and see what experiences others have over the winter.

I have a box of 'new products' that did not fair so well ...

Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Sure Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 08:16:23 am »
Hi Bosh,

Have you spoken to Paul at Aqua-dapter before posting here?  I think it very unfair slating a product which looks more like it has been mis-used or abused (obviously could also be a manuafacture fault) before talking with supplier about problem. Aqua-dapter are very helpful and understanding and have worked hard to produce a product which is robust and designed to make our life a little easier.

I can understand people posting complaints etc after trying to resolve problems and getting nowhere, but you must give them a chance first.

I have 3 Aqua-dapters in use which three of us have been using for some time now and are very happy with. They do save time and money. They are well made and very robust, but like any piece of equipment you have to treat with respect and care...nothing is in-destructable that we use.

Talk with Paul...I'm sure they will resolve your problems.

Steve G

boshravie

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 08:43:48 am »
Hi Sure Cleaning, many thanks for your comments, as I mentioned on early post, I have only bought this product few months ego, and I particularly fit it to the my SLX Gardiner pole which we use every day 5-6 hours a day, and no, I or my staff don’t  drop the pole regularly !!,  we don’t abuse the pole either, because I am with my staff every day to make sure jobs done well and to make sure that all out tools and equipment been looked after at all time, I had problem with the first product they send me, the thing is the idea is very good, and it works most of the time, but there are still few problems with product that they should have tested before selling them, after all they charge fair bit of money for it. I am not here to putting this company down, all I am say is if there has been so many problem with the other people with this product  so the company be aware and correct the problem, so in fact I am trying to help Aqua-Dapter to advance their product.

Bosh

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 09:41:44 am »
There is a new MKII version just out. ;)

Wc Solutions

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 10:09:06 am »
i dont normally stick up for suppliers ... but i am going to with this..

by the look of your aqua dapter it wasnt looked after too well. very dirty, stratched up ...

ive had two for about 4 months and they are going great!

surely you must of dropped it or something? it cant just snap when in use.

like all wfp bits of kit they need looking after ...

think its wrong for us too slag off bits of kit on a forum (yes it helps others for some stuff)

just my views though ... the aqua dapter for me is a well build bit of kit

erithwc

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 10:27:23 am »
Hi Sure Cleaning, many thanks for your comments, as I mentioned on early post, I have only bought this product few months ego, and I particularly fit it to the my SLX Gardiner pole which we use every day 5-6 hours a day, and no I or my staff don’t  drop the pole regularly we don’t abuse the pole either, because I am with my staff every day to make sure jobs done well and to make sure that all out tools and equipment been looked after at all time, I had problem with the first product they send me, the thing is the idea is very good, and it works most of the time, but there are still few problems with product that they should have tested before selling them, after all they charge fair bit of money for it. I am not here to putting this company down, all I am say is if there has been so many problem with the other people with this product  so the company be aware and correct the problem, so in fact I am trying to help Aqua-Dapter to advance their product.

Bosh

wc solution he did say that " I or my staff don’t  drop the pole regularly !"   just once is once to offten i would think, for them to be drop proof the aquadapter would weigh to much  ::)

Wc Solutions

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 10:34:24 am »
soz i missed that. aqua dapter weight doesnt make much difference to the pole at all.

Sure Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 10:35:44 am »
Hi Bosh,

With any new product doesn't matter how much you test it, until it goes out in the real world with many different types of users thats when any issues if any may arrise.

You say in your post you want to help Aqua-dapter advance their product, so then really you should be resolving your issues directly with them in private, if then they did not listen or help then it is fair to inform others.

How are you now helping them? If there are potential customers looking at this post, they will now think, not going to waste my money on that look how it snaps so easily! Aqua-dapter now loose income & profit and so can't invest in developing/improving product. Whereas, if you had spoken to Paul in private first and discussed your concerns and were able to find a solution, then that would have been helping them.

Maybe no one else has had this problem, and in general consumers who are happy with their product will say nothing to defend or praise a product, whereas someone who is not happy will tell the world.

This happens so many times on this forum, people do not give a supplier the chance to put right a situation before telling everyone esle how poor the product/service is, this is damaging to their business and not fair if the company concerned genuinely cares and wants to resolve the situation. Obviously there are times when name and shame is fair if you are trying to warn other people from poor service/quality.

Aqua-dapter have imo produced a quality product which is useful in our business, now there may be issues for some people as there will be for any new product, but from what I have seen and experienced Aqua-dapter care about their business and customers and will resolve any problems. They listen and try to improve.

Bosh from looking at some of your back posts, you of all people should be positive and constructive, rather than being negative and destructive.  ;)

Steve G

P.S Just noticed this quote..

Bosh.

Hi Doctorwindow, you see I like the principle behind it, but the materials with which they have made this product is not tough enough, water fed pole and Brushes get lot battering every day, so they have to be very tough to withstand the movements, I think this company has to go back to the drawing board again.

So, you don't really treat your equipment with respect and care  ;)

George P

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 10:47:14 am »
ive had mine for around 3 months, i find it a good piece of kit to use,

wizclean

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »
give the guy a break , we have all said things when we are annoyed and i dont think you should assume he hasnt looked after the product . we all work very different ,I for instance have a slx 18ft had since last august and still going fine ( recommened loads ) however my mate bought one at the earlier this year and its already worse than mine, he only does 3 days a week aswell, things do break.
 on a brighter note i have just purchased the aqua dapter and looking forward to using it next week hoping it will save some water. It looks brilliant and so simple

boshravie

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »
Hi Bosh,

With any new product doesn't matter how much you test it, until it goes out in the real world with many different types of users thats when any issues if any may arrise.

You say in your post you want to help Aqua-dapter advance their product, so then really you should be resolving your issues directly with them in private, if then they did not listen or help then it is fair to inform others.

How are you now helping them? If there are potential customers looking at this post, they will now think, not going to waste my money on that look how it snaps so easily! Aqua-dapter now loose income & profit and so can't invest in developing/improving product. Whereas, if you had spoken to Paul in private first and discussed your concerns and were able to find a solution, then that would have been helping them.

Maybe no one else has had this problem, and in general consumers who are happy with their product will say nothing to defend or praise a product, whereas someone who is not happy will tell the world.

This happens so many times on this forum, people do not give a supplier the chance to put right a situation before telling everyone esle how poor the product/service is, this is damaging to their business and not fair if the company concerned genuinely cares and whats to resolve the situation. Obviously there are times when name and shame are fair if you are trying to warn other people from poor service/quality.

Aqua-dapter have imo produced a quality product which is useful in our business, now there may issues for some people as there will be for any new product, but from what I have seen and experienced Aqua-dapter care about their business and customers and will resolve any problems. They listen and try to improve.

Bosh from looking at some of your back posts, you of all people should be positive and constructive, rather than being negative and destructive.  ;)

Steve G

P.S Just noticed this quote..

Bosh.

So, you don't really treat your equipment with respect and care  ;)

Hi Sure Clean

Yes point taken and I thank you for some of you good positive feed back, as I can see there are quiet a few people here that are happy with their Aqua-dapter product, and you are right about putting the picture on here for the world to see, which maybe I shouldn’t have but as I am saying again, and this is the last time I am saying it, because I don’t want any more bad publicity for Aqua-dapter, I wanted to know  how many of you guys have had this problem with their product, if I would asked Aqua-dapter, I don’t think i wouldn’t have got the true picture, and yes poles in general get lots work and lots of beating in every day use and if any one say otherwise I personally wouldn’t believe them, so any manufacture who make a product, ie: Gardiners poles system to name one which I only buy their product do lots of research and testing and I personally haven’t had any problem with their product and always promote them. Or Milele-Sebo product which they give 5 years guarantee on their products (Do lot of testing)
So if I caused any hardship to Aque-dapter in terms of these photos, I do apologise but for pointing a problem which I wanted to know about from other members here I think right.

P.S. yes steve I am very positive guy and I always promote positive  and harmony to any one I come across with, you are always welcome to come and spend day or two with me to see for yourself.

So for the Last time I rest my case and thank you all for your feed back.

Bosh

boshravie

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »
give the guy a break , we have all said things when we are annoyed and i dont think you should assume he hasnt looked after the product . we all work very different ,I for instance have a slx 18ft had since last august and still going fine ( recommened loads ) however my mate bought one at the earlier this year and its already worse than mine, he only does 3 days a week aswell, things do break.
 on a brighter note i have just purchased the aqua dapter and looking forward to using it next week hoping it will save some water. It looks brilliant and so simple

Many thanks for your kind comment Wizclean.

luther1

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 05:33:44 pm »
I beat windows closed every day with my pole and if i had an aqua-dapter and it broke after 4 months i'd be moaning too. Dropping your pole,throwing it in the van and closing windows with it are part of every day use for window cleaner so products should be built to last. Imo

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 07:04:59 pm »
Hi,

I have only just noticed this topic and, as mentioned by the others, would appreciate it if you would contact us privately to discuss the matter further.

Quote from: boshravie
some time the wheel would catch the long pin in wrong way and didn’t turn it on
Although it happened rarely, that's something that has been addressed with the Aqua-dapter Mk2.  See all the improvements here.

Quote from: boshravie
if I would asked Aqua-dapter, I don’t think i wouldn’t have got the true picture
I can assure you, that's not the way I (or anyone else here) works.

I couldn't work out how boshravie could have a body with the flared end, when he said he's been using it for 4 months.  I think I've worked it out.  If boshravie is the customer I think he is, then it is actually a Mk2 body, but with Mk1 components - confusing I know!

It was one of the very early Mk2 bodies we had produced, and was sent out because the first Mk1 was damaged by the body being forced apart to fit on a larger pole.  The customer told us was a "Gardiner XL pole", our engineer suggested they were referring to the "old style which is 25.4mm" - our website shows the Mk1 "fits poles with an outside diameter of 20-23.5mm".

I thought it worth mentioning this as the Mk2 just released has a number of improvements that may have prevented this problem from occurring.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention a couple of things with regard to the care of the product (I'm not singling out boshravie here, his isn't the only Aqua-dapter we've seen in a similar condition to this).

The instructions we send out have this recommendation:
Maintenance
Even though Aqua-dapter is self lubricating, it will still benefit from being regularly cleaned using hot water and washing up liquid.  We recommend once per week if possible.

We advise that you DO NOT use products such as WD40, as this will attract debris and may pass on to the window surface.
- bold and italics are for emphasis here, and the red text was added fairly recently in case you rush off to check ;-)

Some customers have returned their Aqua-dapters, sent photos, or we've been to see them, and their Aqua-dapter has looked virtually as it did when we despatched it i.e. it is clean and with very few scratches.  These are professional WCs working full-time, some with staff working for them.

We accept that there are occasions when a pole will be dropped, and that upstairs windows need to be closed using the pole etc., and the Aqua-dapter is of course designed to cope with these situations (although I would hope most Window Cleaners avoid dropping their poles anyway - it's not just the Aqua-dapter that could get damaged, but some poles are quite expensive).  Any piece of equipment will last longer if it is treated with respect and cared for.  Most WCs I've spoken to have pipes into which they slide their WFP for storage inside the van, with the brush sticking out the end of the pipe nearest to the doors.  This will look after the equipment better than throwing it somewhere.

The body of the Aqua-dapter is made from Hard-anodized Aluminium.  It is rigorously tested, but as has been mentioned before in this topic, to make it "indestructible" would probably make it heavier, or more expensive (or possibly both) and we obviously don't want the price to go up as that won't help sales!  It is a considerable investment, and therefore benefits from being well looked after.

Quote from: Sure Cleaning
until it goes out in the real world with many different types of users thats when any issues if any may arrise
That's true.  We've learned a number of things from "real world" customers.  For the most part though, we've been very happy with a very low failure rate (lower than I expected).  From memory we've had a handful of loose screw threads and a few more snapped springs (which we've replaced promptly) these being the major problems.  We've also had a couple of issues with leaks, mostly because of people using the Mk1 with hot water, which it wasn't designed for (the Mk2 is).  Another leak was caused by someone washing his Aqua-dapter regularly in very hot water! :D

The other thing we're looking into is the use of long goose-necks with the Aqua-dapter, and I'll be interested in discussing with Boshravie, if he contacts us, whether he's been using any and the length of them.  This can increase the stress on the unit and we're testing and gathering info from users so that we can make some recommendations about their use.  We aren't looking for excuses, but it's only with an honest flow of information about the use of the product that we can make any necessary improvements.

So, we look forward to hearing from Boshravie, and I'm sure he (or we) will update this thread when we've resolved the problem.

For anyone who is considering the Aqua-dapter and may have been put off by this, please note that this was an Aqua-dapter with Mk1 components, the Mk2 has a number of improvements which may have prevented any problem.

Paul

P.S. Thanks for the positive comments guys!

luther1

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 07:09:13 pm »
Sounds like a genuine response from a decent firm to me. You can't fault their customer service. I might ask for one for Xmas.