« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »
sure that was the aa ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

traps7

Re: Vivaro's again
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »
I've had my 54 plate Vivaro with 90 odd thousand on the clock for 18 months now and it's been great touch wood. I do worry about the gearbox going though.
Mines the 6 speed box.

Is it the 5 or 6 speed box or both that have problems?

deeege

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »
Get a 56 plate or newer and they are great vans. For all those saying stick with ford, don't touch a vivaro, guess what... The transits have their own problems as recently posted on this forum.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 02:48:12 am »
newer transits r a nightmare mil looking
at vw transporter
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 02:52:29 am »
I've had my 54 plate Vivaro with 90 odd thousand on the clock for 18 months now and it's been great touch wood. I do worry about the gearbox going though.
Mines the 6 speed box.

The six speed.
It's not a weight carrying issue.  It's a bearing inside the box around the gear selection.  The design of the box allows water in and the bearing gets corroded.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:08 am »
has anyone got a 56 plate or newer?have you had any problems?

deeege

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 08:14:16 am »
Got a 56 plate, 92k miles, great van no problems.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Pristine Clean

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 08:27:25 am »
have a Vivaro its an 04, but classed as on 05 as register in 05 if that makes any sense.

Had it now for nearly 12 months. At present its a great van. What amazes me is people put different makes down.. All vehicles no matter what the cost or badge have there problems. Admittedly some cost more to repair than others.

My vivaro has only 35,000 genuine miles so far.

My last vehicle I had a a Mitsubishi Warrior great looking, all leather, black, electric pack but I had nothing but issues. Which was a shame as I liked the vehicle itself.

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Steve CM

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:08 am »
i have an 05 plate vivaro and an 08 plate vivaro

the 05 plate had to have a new head gasket when i first got it nearly 3 years ago. but luckily it was done on the warrenty. other than that it has been a great van, always passed through the mot with only minimal bits needing to be done. it has had a new alternator in 3 years. it also needed a new key as one of them wouldn't deactivate the imobiliser. it now has 79k

The 08 plate i've only had 3 months and feels and drives so much better than my 05 Plate. compared to the 08 plate the 05's clutch feels like it5 has a lot more play in which i will get checked out but overall i'm pleased with them.

I was one of the trusty faithful that was slating vivaros 3 years ago. it was probably due to the fact that it needed a head gasket at 2 years old and only having 35k on the clock. but really over the 3 years it has been a good van

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 08:57:43 am »
i have an 05 plate vivaro and an 08 plate vivaro

the 05 plate had to have a new head gasket when i first got it nearly 3 years ago. but luckily it was done on the warrenty. other than that it has been a great van, always passed through the mot with only minimal bits needing to be done. it has had a new alternator in 3 years. it also needed a new key as one of them wouldn't deactivate the imobiliser. it now has 79k

The 08 plate i've only had 3 months and feels and drives so much better than my 05 Plate. compared to the 08 plate the 05's clutch feels like it5 has a lot more play in which i will get checked out but overall i'm pleased with them.

I was one of the trusty faithful that was slating vivaros 3 years ago. it was probably due to the fact that it needed a head gasket at 2 years old and only having 35k on the clock. but really over the 3 years it has been a good van

My 03 plate has been reasonably OK apart from the gearbox issue.  It needed a new steering pump and engine mounting around 50k (a bit early I think), a new clutch around 75k (fair enough), screen washer pump around 60k (a bit naff for something that's rarely used), but apart from those it's been bits and pieces.  The last MOT saw it needing a couple of bits replacing on suspension and steering but for something that's often got 600 - 750 litres of water in the back I suppose it's not surprising.

Darren O

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 09:45:40 am »
Ive got a 56 plate nissan primaster got it new, last year i had to replace the clutch and fly wheel at 26,000 miles it was still under warranty but the warranty wouldnt cover the clutch or fly wheel mines a 6 speed gear box.

jsm

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 10:35:34 am »
ive just got a 06 merc vito lwb - what about these ???? anyone had problems with them
my citroen distpatch in 6 years has just had servicing and a battery !! so finger's crossed for the new van .

the merc go's like stink - faster than my car !!
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

dave.e

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 04:44:16 pm »
Mines the 6 speed box.

the 5 speed ones have the problems the 6 speed had a special gearbox designed just for the vivaro/traffic so are much better imo

traps7

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 05:55:51 pm »
That's what I heard too.