john martin

Re: Triple vac motors
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2020, 09:05:49 pm »
at least they look like the shape of a 6.6 ... i could be wrong

john martin

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2020, 09:12:57 pm »
no they are 5.7 , my mistake  , the 6.6 does not have the brush holders sticking out the side .

john martin

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 09:25:14 pm »
This  the twin 6.6  they made

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 09:44:34 pm »
Tbh I think booster boxes are the way to go the idea was to have 2 leads for 3 vacs (6.6) and a hx at the door.

I take it there are no 1 lead dual vac extractor configurations? The alternative idea would be to add a booster to still have 2 leads with 3 vacs in total

john martin

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 10:26:10 pm »
so ... a two 6.6 machine in van  ... with 6.6 booster plugged into port ? in van ? 

You could run the two 6.6 and pump on one cord  ....   the plug might get warm though.
I would keep the two 6.6 on machine cord one  .... and put the pump on machine cord two 

Then run one extension cord from house to machine cord one ( two vacs )
Run another extension cord to the van (  with a double socket head )   and plug the machine cord two (pump ) into one side ....and the booster into the other .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2020, 11:11:49 pm »
That makes sense 1 lead for internal vacs and 1 lead for pump and booster.

I was watching videos of the Airflex Storm (no booster)running 200ft of vac hose don’t know how it would be in real life though.

john martin

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2020, 11:33:17 pm »
woudnt be great  , much better to pull the machine off the van .

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 05:31:32 pm »
Hi Shaun

Why?

The reason a TM has so much power is because it has to deliver hot water and then recover the dirt at a distance.  Portables can do the same but are closer to the carpet.

Dirt is removed from a carpet by the process of emulsification. detergents (surfactants) come in different types. so choice is important for this to happen.

Pressure is a mechanical action. and amount of water flushing action is far more important.

Vacs are used to recover as much water as posable. thats why putting more hose on a portable reduces this lift.

if you need to upgrade the vacs just turn down the water flow and get closer.

for overall clean carpets the sinners circle shows that by increasing one part would mean being able to reduce others.

I can think of a few reason why someone would want to do this.

wants to work from van. maybe get a TM. this would put your overheads up so you would need to charge more.

not getting a great results. learn more about emulsification and sinner circle.

Wants to work faster. get a cfr, do less work for more money.

Triple vac's are meant for hard floor work you find lots have high water psi for this reason. if your doing hard floors just get a cheap wet pick up.

you really need to know why someone would want to do this. lots of easier, cheaper, and most importantly safer ways to clean carpets and floors.

You where spot on with your answer use a booster. this can help with more lift at short distances and ok water lift at long distances.

All My Best Mate

Ian Harper

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 06:20:38 pm »
Hi Ian,

The guy I know wants to make things easier but he doesn’t want to buy a truckmount because of cost he won’t make the jump.

john martin

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 10:10:12 pm »
Heres a fun ETM you friend could build  ( or anyone )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMepgWHCK8k

Parts needed  ... 
https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/cleaning-machine-accessories/truck-mount-accessories/truck-mount-recovery-tanks
(looks like hes using the fresh water version as the waste tank in the video )
His mounting vacs ontop on tank looks odd ... but they are away from the inflow of water which is entering the first tank .

Two of these  ( preferably four though )
https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/ametek-lamb-122236-18-6-6-vac-motor-2-stage-tan-240v

and a pump  ... could be a 220 aquatec  ( you could easily run the whole thing as a one cord machine )
Or any other pump ...
I might pick this  ... i used one before , its ready to go just attach to a board or something  ..  only 200psi but it feels way more powerfull ...big flow
https://www.agrieuro.co.uk/comet-mc-18-electric-spray-pump-electric-pump-with-single-phase-engine-p-1033.html

You dont need the switch panel or else a very simple one .

Red_Panda

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 10:54:00 pm »
Hi, just to save you some time and money, you can't run two 6.6 from one lead... tried it. My ETM is wired lead one - 6.6 + 600 psi pump. Lead two 6.6 + pump out + pre heater (never use).  Even at that every so often the breakers pop.   I use a third lead in the house for a heater.

I use it out to 150' with 2" hose because that's all the hose I have, I'm sure it would go further.  I can't believe how much I spent on petrol and diesel TM's over the years!   90% of the time 75' is enough for regular 3-4 bedroom houses.  50' of hose is too short as the waste hits the waste tank too fast and comes out the motors.  I've done 700 hours on one set of motors.

Why not call Chis and ask what he'd recommend for your machine. The guy is a wizard when it comes to Altec machines.

David.

john martin

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »
some pics of you ETM red panda sometime perhaps ?

I dont have issues with two 6.6 on one cord  ...  your 600psi pump might have been a bit much perhaps  ,  or startup surge ( i use softstart ) or perhaps even the houses in your area .  If your aim is a two vac machine though then two cords for two 6.6 is no pain to handle .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 07:13:18 am »
It’d be very interesting to see your ETM

darren72

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 03:13:51 pm »
John I was on the phone to Martin at ashbys  a couple of months ago was looking to get a enforcer  400psi with built in steammate I told him I wanted 2 6x6vacs but he was trying to put me off saying there isn't much of a difference between them and the normal 5x7vacs.Seemed a bit strange is it a hassle putting in 6.6vacs with built in steammate.

john martin

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 11:18:26 pm »
John I was on the phone to Martin at ashbys  a couple of months ago was looking to get a enforcer  400psi with built in steammate I told him I wanted 2 6x6vacs but he was trying to put me off saying there isn't much of a difference between them and the normal 5x7vacs.Seemed a bit strange is it a hassle putting in 6.6vacs with built in steammate.

Yeah , they cant really do that too easy and comply with standards .  Not just the 6.6 but any full amp (7amps or so ) motor .. they wont put two on the same cord , especiallyt if you want a decent pump .
The steammate needs a cord all to it self  , they do put the immersion heater on a third cord . So you can order a heated 6.6 enforcer , they could do the same with the built in steammate but id say space is an issue with the bigger vacs , and its not on their list of machine options so it would be one off .
The standard enforcer 5.7 works well though,  if you have jobs where you move the gear around a lot the built in steammate would be more convenient than hauling an inline from spot to spot .

darren72

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 11:18:49 am »
Ok cheers think I will go with 5.7vacs and built in steammate and immersion heater

Red_Panda

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2020, 09:56:15 pm »
This is for John and Martin.  I was renovating an old Bane machine but couldn't get the air velocity I wanted.  So I striped it out, chopped it up and welded it back together and this is how it turned out.  I've done over 700 hours with no problems.  The Cat pump was a bad choice, wish I went for a triple pump for less vibration.  I also put a heater in it but never use it.  I use an inline heater 15' from the wand, much better.  David.

john martin

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2020, 02:30:09 pm »
looks  good , great job , probably more performance than the original  !

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2020, 05:00:37 pm »
Perhaps you could take us through what you’ve done?

Has it still got a vac blower? Why 2 cords? And there’s another 2 electrical ports?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2020, 07:05:41 pm »
That’s a nice paint job on that base unit, much better than the manky blue colour Bane use. :D

Using 2 power cords with the Bane opens so many possibilities,   I would  run 2x3 vacs on one, a single 3stage & a pump on the other.

Do you leave it van mounted ?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk