steveaqua

Re: New company name
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 11:46:15 pm »
what gain do i have advertising myself on this forum? i was merely giving an in sight into my situation, maybe i shouldn't then.

How am i advertising? what is said in the passage that is advertising my window cleaning services to a bunch of window cleaners? what bloody benifit is that gonna give me really...naff all isn't it!

Mike Jones

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 11:55:13 pm »
hes a troll mate

steveaqua

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 11:56:16 pm »
whats a troll? is that a bit like a muppet? ;)

Ladders

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 11:58:25 pm »
 maybe i shouldn't then.

You could be right ?

Mike seems to know what a Troll is.
For every problem there is a solution

steveaqua

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 12:00:41 am »
are you drunk? why don't you talk straight?! i don't understand a single thing you are saying

Ladders

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 12:14:22 am »
Try reading your post from the begining, it may put it in some perspective.

steveaqua

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:03 am »
just read it and my conclusion is your talking nonsense! in no way am i advertising just asking for some help, i think your on a wind up so this is the last i'm saying about it ...thanks

WavieDavie

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 12:19:53 am »
Ladders - Steve surely understands what  he's written himself. It's looking fairly obvious that you've picked up something the wrong way.

Back on topic

I never use 0870 numbers on principle. I'm sure some legislation is kicking in soon which means you'll have to let folk know how much the call costs them and what % goes to you.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

steveaqua

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 12:22:40 am »
thats not a real number wavie just for illustrative purposes, if i can get a landline number i will, but have to get it to my folks house as i'm permantly on the move, at the moment we use an 0845 number but this is only cause we can divert it to whatever number we wish as i don't stay in houses very long

WavieDavie

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:16 am »
Too many noisy parties, too many dodgy ex-girlfriends, too many angry landlords getting their rent late ?? ;)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Ladders

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:38 am »

steveaqua

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 12:30:18 am »
Too many noisy parties, too many dodgy ex-girlfriends, too many angry landlords getting their rent late ?? ;)
they call me the shadow, they seek him here they seek him there...

steveaqua

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 12:31:00 am »

Ladders

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:16 am »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,ME TO.

Jake

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 03:36:07 pm »
Steve

There is nothing wrong with your chosen name mate, can't see where the others are coming from, 'Clear Magic', says it all!

As a draught, the web page looks neat and tidy, and when it is up and running properly, should work well.

Your introduction could do with a 'tweak' or two, and have a look at the spelling and grammar, apart from that, all looks well.

Good luck with your new company

Regards....Jake
Exeter, Devon

steveaqua

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 03:48:01 pm »
cheers Jake!

the actual text isn't suppose to really make sense i just chucked it in its just illustrating where the body of text will go.

Thanks

C Senor

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 03:54:35 pm »
Hello,

Personally, i don't think that the name is totally important either, just as long as you state nice and clearly what you do. After all, what does 'MacDonalds' tell you about fast food ?

Also bud, i would recommend speeding up your animated .GIF files. They're running a bit slow and it gives off the impression of a slow loading site which is generally a bad thing, some people will just click off the site if they think it's gonna take an age to load.

Just one more thing, your kerning between your letters is a little too close - you need to adjust the spacing between your lettering so that it is more legible. Sorry if this is a bit picky, trouble is - i used to be a signwriter and i used to manage a shop in town where we designed shop logos etc. so my eye gets drawn to these things. You may think that it's fine, but from a split second first impression point of view, it could do with being a tiny bit more clear ( text in the GIF ) - Most of it is actually touching which is fine for short words but not really for sentences. Then again, it's up to you - like i said, i'm probably just being too picky.

Other than that, looks cool to me !

steveaqua

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 03:58:42 pm »
Cheers senor, the gifs are running at 0.1 seconds between frames isn't that something to do with your connection speed? the actual gifs are tiny as well

Cheers for the kerning info, i had it set at -50 from where i typed out the 'clear magic' within the logo, i will adjust that when i come to putting it all together

Thanks
Steve

Pat Purcell

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 04:05:56 pm »
Steve,our co. name is BLUE DIAMOND but on the trucks and invoices cheques etc everything is written BLUE DIAMOND WINDOW CLEANING, Clear Magic rolls off the tongue nicely and is easy to remember but for people seeing your name for the first time the window cleaning part helps
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

steveaqua

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 04:13:18 pm »
thankyou Pat your comments are appreciated! :)