steveaqua

New company name
« on: December 02, 2006, 09:17:56 pm »
After much careful thinking me and my partner have decided to go our seperate ways, we've been very good friends since we were 5 years of age and a couple of heated arguments have made us realise that its for the best if we work alone. don't mix business with pleasure rings very true in this situation.

So after a lot of thinking i will be running under a different company name from early january called 'Clear Magic' I like this name and i think i'm right in saying that no-one else is called it (if they are i can't find it anywhere)

anyway i'm now moving everything in position for the new year, I have come up with an idea for a website and logo and i would like some opinions if possible, constructive critism or praise are both welcomed

if you check out this link you will see my first draught of my own new look

http://www.aqua-pura.co.uk/clearmagic.html

thanks for reading

Art

Re: New company name
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 09:48:54 pm »
The site look really good, but the name i don't really like. It doesn't say window cleaning, it sounds more like something associated with entertainment. Clear view window cleaning or something like that would be better, but that's just my opinion

Hope that was of some help

Arthur

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:53:51 pm »
Cheers art no worries thanks for the comments

Problem with something like clear view is there are s**t loads of other companys called this hence why i wanted something thats not used anywhere else

DaveBrown

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:56:11 pm »
Looks professional mate,  cant understand the sentence "conservatory roofs and something else" tho!

Dave

Art

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 09:57:38 pm »
Other companies being called that might be a good thing as in, it might make your name easier to remember as it's already out there.

steveaqua

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 09:57:47 pm »
its not ment to make sense its just to illustrate that some kind of description will go there...sorry should of explained that

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 09:59:36 pm »
Other companies being called that might be a good thing as in, it might make your name easier to remember as it's already out there.

i really want something original thier are so many companys round here called the same thing i find it very confusing...at least then m,y reputation is mine and not someone elses

Mike Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 10:00:45 pm »
All those number plates you bought will have been wasted then

steveaqua

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 10:01:36 pm »
they will be staying with Aqua Pura i will be looking out for some more i guess

Art

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 10:04:42 pm »
Well good luck anyway, i'm sure you'll do well

steveaqua

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 10:07:36 pm »
I've taken my half of the work and new work is building heavily so it all looks healthy...i can't stress how much i really like being a window cleaner

Johnboyfree

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 10:31:17 pm »
Hi,sorry to hear about youre working relationship,hope you do still remain friends....
I like the web site,but to be honest Im not stuck on the name,Clear Magic is a leading brand of stamps and dies according to my daughter(card making)and makes no reference to what you do,but if you like the name as I did mine,do what I was told to do by a Marketing Company and ask as many people as you can what they think you do just by telling them the name.....85% of the people I asked thought I was a Computer Software Company.....Now  that did #### me off,and Im having to rebrand under a name Im not keen on but does tell people what I do

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 10:53:26 pm »
i see where your coming from with Clear Magic not saying what i do ie window cleaner but its all about brand buidling, Virgin for instance doesn't say aeroplane company, or coke or mobile phones. I know their a massive company and i;m not but I think when you call it Bobs window cleaning or something like that it just relates to its purpose,  what i'm saying is that if you want to diversify a little later maybe move into other areas or what not the brand clear magic for instance doesn't say one thing its just a brand.

all views are greatly appreciated but i think i'm set on the name keep em coming its all food for thought ;D cheers peeps

steveaqua

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 10:55:24 pm »
we are still friends thats why we had to split when we did before it all got out of hand. sometimes it ain't worth risking a good relationship, I'm sure we will help each other out on various contracts just need to keep things on a minimum level

Ladders

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 11:08:16 pm »
If you have a new company name, put it in yellow pages or somewhere else.

This is not a sales site,its a fourm,

Just my  opnion, dont know if ime for or against ;D
For every problem there is a solution

brett walker

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 11:09:54 pm »
now thats magic  8)

very good i like the name

good luck

brett.

steveaqua

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 11:12:19 pm »
If you have a new company name, put it in yellow pages or somewhere else.

This is not a sales site,its a fourm,

Just my  opnion, dont know if ime for or against ;D
sorry i don't understand? i'm not advertising my services just asking for peoples opinions!

Ladders

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 11:26:13 pm »
After much careful thinking me and my partner have decided to go our seperate ways, we've been very good friends since we were 5 years of age and a couple of heated arguments have made us realise that its for the best if we work alone. don't mix business with pleasure rings very true in this situation.

So after a lot of thinking i will be running under a different company name from early january called 'Clear Magic' I like this name and i think i'm right in saying that no-one else is called it (if they are i can't find it anywhere)

anyway i'm now moving everything in position for the new year, I have come up with an idea for a website and logo and i would like some opinions if possible, constructive critism or praise are both welcomed

thanks for reading

really

steveaqua

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 11:27:31 pm »
your talking riddles mate, what you saying?

Ladders

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 11:42:06 pm »
Ime saying that you dont understand what you have written, if you dont think you are advertising.

thanks for reading

really

steveaqua

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 11:46:15 pm »
what gain do i have advertising myself on this forum? i was merely giving an in sight into my situation, maybe i shouldn't then.

How am i advertising? what is said in the passage that is advertising my window cleaning services to a bunch of window cleaners? what bloody benifit is that gonna give me really...naff all isn't it!

Mike Jones

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 11:55:13 pm »
hes a troll mate

steveaqua

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 11:56:16 pm »
whats a troll? is that a bit like a muppet? ;)

Ladders

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 11:58:25 pm »
 maybe i shouldn't then.

You could be right ?

Mike seems to know what a Troll is.

steveaqua

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 12:00:41 am »
are you drunk? why don't you talk straight?! i don't understand a single thing you are saying

Ladders

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 12:14:22 am »
Try reading your post from the begining, it may put it in some perspective.

steveaqua

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:03 am »
just read it and my conclusion is your talking nonsense! in no way am i advertising just asking for some help, i think your on a wind up so this is the last i'm saying about it ...thanks

WavieDavie

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 12:19:53 am »
Ladders - Steve surely understands what  he's written himself. It's looking fairly obvious that you've picked up something the wrong way.

Back on topic

I never use 0870 numbers on principle. I'm sure some legislation is kicking in soon which means you'll have to let folk know how much the call costs them and what % goes to you.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

steveaqua

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 12:22:40 am »
thats not a real number wavie just for illustrative purposes, if i can get a landline number i will, but have to get it to my folks house as i'm permantly on the move, at the moment we use an 0845 number but this is only cause we can divert it to whatever number we wish as i don't stay in houses very long

WavieDavie

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:16 am »
Too many noisy parties, too many dodgy ex-girlfriends, too many angry landlords getting their rent late ?? ;)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Ladders

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:38 am »

steveaqua

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 12:30:18 am »
Too many noisy parties, too many dodgy ex-girlfriends, too many angry landlords getting their rent late ?? ;)
they call me the shadow, they seek him here they seek him there...

steveaqua

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 12:31:00 am »

Ladders

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:16 am »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,ME TO.

Jake

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 03:36:07 pm »
Steve

There is nothing wrong with your chosen name mate, can't see where the others are coming from, 'Clear Magic', says it all!

As a draught, the web page looks neat and tidy, and when it is up and running properly, should work well.

Your introduction could do with a 'tweak' or two, and have a look at the spelling and grammar, apart from that, all looks well.

Good luck with your new company

Regards....Jake
Exeter, Devon

steveaqua

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 03:48:01 pm »
cheers Jake!

the actual text isn't suppose to really make sense i just chucked it in its just illustrating where the body of text will go.

Thanks

C Senor

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 03:54:35 pm »
Hello,

Personally, i don't think that the name is totally important either, just as long as you state nice and clearly what you do. After all, what does 'MacDonalds' tell you about fast food ?

Also bud, i would recommend speeding up your animated .GIF files. They're running a bit slow and it gives off the impression of a slow loading site which is generally a bad thing, some people will just click off the site if they think it's gonna take an age to load.

Just one more thing, your kerning between your letters is a little too close - you need to adjust the spacing between your lettering so that it is more legible. Sorry if this is a bit picky, trouble is - i used to be a signwriter and i used to manage a shop in town where we designed shop logos etc. so my eye gets drawn to these things. You may think that it's fine, but from a split second first impression point of view, it could do with being a tiny bit more clear ( text in the GIF ) - Most of it is actually touching which is fine for short words but not really for sentences. Then again, it's up to you - like i said, i'm probably just being too picky.

Other than that, looks cool to me !

steveaqua

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 03:58:42 pm »
Cheers senor, the gifs are running at 0.1 seconds between frames isn't that something to do with your connection speed? the actual gifs are tiny as well

Cheers for the kerning info, i had it set at -50 from where i typed out the 'clear magic' within the logo, i will adjust that when i come to putting it all together

Thanks
Steve

Pat Purcell

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 04:05:56 pm »
Steve,our co. name is BLUE DIAMOND but on the trucks and invoices cheques etc everything is written BLUE DIAMOND WINDOW CLEANING, Clear Magic rolls off the tongue nicely and is easy to remember but for people seeing your name for the first time the window cleaning part helps
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

steveaqua

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 04:13:18 pm »
thankyou Pat your comments are appreciated! :)

macleod

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 04:28:48 pm »
i like clear magic... very fun sounding, if thats what you want?

P®oPole™

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 04:33:09 pm »
Hi Steve,

Good luck in your new venture, I have no doubt the new launch will be a great sucsess. You seem a very shrewd business man, a bit like myself ;D

If you want to sell them plates or anyone of them, do not forget me mate :-\ Im sure you can dig around for the new name "Clear Magic"

Want to talk figures with the Pro?

aqua_clear@msn.com

steveaqua

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 04:39:24 pm »
sorry pro but i think they will either stay with the company or i may keep them for the time being. i will have a dig around to see what i can find on the clear magic front.

I thought you had a plate sorted out now anyways?

JohnL

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 09:49:24 pm »
Clear Magic is good - and tied in some way to Window Cleaning is a good catch-phrase.

best wishes mate
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

steveaqua

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 10:49:01 pm »
cheers john much obliged!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 12:17:17 am »
Steveaqua.
I like it.
Good on ya.