The Jester of Wibbly

Loving the job right now
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:30:22 am »
Roads are nice and clear so journeys take so much less time.  I don't see many people out and the ones i do are all at a safe distance and have been lovely.

Seems that the disaster has bought the public much closer together and  more tolerant with each other.  Its a shame it take something like this to make people stop at take notice of things and realise social interaction was taken for granted.

Customers have been great, so much better than the usual look down on you.

Walk ups are now slowly starting to happen.  Probably because more people are at home and spot you.

Keep safe distances and that's your job done.  Remember it's not about stopping the virus, it's about slowing it down to take the pressure of the hard working NHS.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

P @ F

Re: Loving the job right now
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:33:35 am »
I’m loving it too , I just wish the custies would give me a bit more thought when filling the driveways with cars  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:36:30 am »
I did a job the other day.  Nice house and v nice customers. They have had some building work done recently- two new large windows. He asked what the new price was and I said we’d keep it the same, £40.
Got a txt from him yesterday saying thank you and that he’d paid £100 online “get yourself some nice wine”.
I was gobsmacked. What a nice gesture.

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 10:48:25 am »

Customers have been great, so much better than the usual look down on you.

Sounds like a great client base you have there buddy.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

jk999

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:24:13 am »
Im loving it all customers are in not collected for two weeks as everyone has paid im nearly two weeks bill money saved with it so just in case of full lock down i know its not a great deal but as one supermarket says every little help s so ok at mo ,ps wait for all the idiots to come to this post n start slagging us off for working

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 11:54:54 am »
In all seriousness is anyone expecting a stricter lockdown?

Mystic Jonny predicts not.  ;D

The way I’m seeing is that Aslong as this works, they will want to keep it the same.

Peaks this weekend, and then slowly declining.

That’s the experts stand. Suppose time will tell.

Remember they want us to get this guys. Just not all at once.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 12:07:45 pm »

The way I’m seeing is that Aslong as this works, they will want to keep it the same.

Peaks this weekend, and then slowing declining.

My prediction too.  Depends on the stats over the next week to see if the measures have worked.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Missing Link

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 12:11:51 pm »

I can see London (or some other city areas) getting a full lockdown.

Not sure about the whole of the UK because we've lots of rural areas that can easily socially distance.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 12:14:30 pm »
I did a job the other day.  Nice house and v nice customers. They have had some building work done recently- two new large windows. He asked what the new price was and I said we’d keep it the same, £40.
Got a txt from him yesterday saying thank you and that he’d paid £100 online “get yourself some nice wine”.
I was gobsmacked. What a nice gesture.
I did a 60 quid job Monday had a text after I left to say come every 2 weeks at the moment as things are like they are lol lovely people still in this world. 👍

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 03:15:24 pm »
I hate it.

Glad to have finished for the week, yes roads are clear but that doesn't really impact me I rarely drive longer than a minute between jobs.

It's horrible, parking is a nightmare, everyone is in including kids glued to every window, plus I feel pretty awkward anyway with the current situation

It's like working a bank holiday in heavy rain.

Can't wait to get back to normal BUT it's better than being sat at home all week earning nowt.

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 03:17:55 pm »

Its not peaking this weekend. Give it another fortnight or 3 weeks.

swanson

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »
Been out all week
Customers are glad to see me.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 03:29:17 pm »
Im loving it all customers are in not collected for two weeks as everyone has paid im nearly two weeks bill money saved with it so just in case of full lock down i know its not a great deal but as one supermarket says every little help s so ok at mo ,ps wait for all the idiots to come to this post n start slagging us off for working
Whether you’re working or not, there’s no need to add fuel to the fire by calling  others idiot’s.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 03:39:11 pm »
Ime totally amazed at all the medical staff on hear that are window cleaners , they know much better than all the experts   you should all be offering your experience to help the nhs out  , they need all the help they can get at this time .

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 03:46:06 pm »
Whether you’re working or not, there’s no need to add fuel to the fire by calling  others idiot’s.

I was thinking that. He’s the first to complain about being called a name.  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 03:56:28 pm »
one customer paid me todays clean and 3 cleans in advance...22 jobs cleaned in 5 hours and not one skipped....ive noticed more BACS customers paying me quicker too........the best thing to do is limit  the news your watching and just get out there and work IMO.......
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 03:58:00 pm »

Its not peaking this weekend. Give it another fortnight or 3 weeks.

A few of the articles/studies I was looking into predicted April the 5th as the peak. Way out my depth though. I guess time will tell.

The figure of 20,000 deaths in the uk was a build up to 7,000 by the 5th, then with a decline over the coming weeks and months leading up tot the 20k figure.

Cheery subject I know. 😬
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 03:58:51 pm »
Ime totally amazed at all the medical staff on hear that are window cleaners , they know much better than all the experts   you should all be offering your experience to help the nhs out  , they need all the help they can get at this time .

personally i think all the overpaid footballers should donate at least a weeks wages to the NHS.....

Steven Biggs

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 04:34:14 pm »
No walk ups all week . 3 today . 😁

jk999

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 05:13:21 pm »
So its ok for those that aint working to call us thats working but i aint allowed to call them idiots wow

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 05:20:36 pm »
So its ok for those that aint working to call us thats working but i aint allowed to call them idiots wow
You can report the name calling to the Moderator.

So, we've a pandemic going on and it's a great time to work apart from not being allowed to call someone names?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 09:12:56 pm »

So, we've a pandemic going on and it's a great time to work apart from not being allowed to call someone names?

But but but, Griff if you don’t work you’re an idiot. Or is it the other way round. I’m losing track  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 09:20:23 pm »

But but but, Griff if you don’t work you’re an idiot. Or is it the other way round. I’m losing track  ;D
I think everyone has lost track .
I didn't love the job before but how someone can love it during a pandemic is beyond me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 09:58:28 pm »

I think everyone has lost track .
I didn't love the job before but how someone can love it during a pandemic is beyond me.

I doubt very much they love it. Just trying to ease their conscience a bit by saying how great everything is.  ;D

Steven Biggs

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 03:48:59 pm »
A bit disappointed today . Only 2 new custys . 1 down on yesterday. 😂

swanson

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 03:53:19 pm »
Picking up a lot of work
roads are clear parking sometimes an issue.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 04:07:56 pm »
im finding parking not as much of an issue as i thought it would be this week due to nobody visiting my customers houses,hardly any tradesmen(builders/plumbers,etc)knocking about.....

this week has gone really well,smooth as silk in fact.....most customers have paid me promptly too which makes a nice change......

i feel truly blessed and lucky to be a window cleaner... :)