dazmond

xtreme pole users.....
« on: August 28, 2019, 07:16:19 pm »
do you guys use a carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush with your poles?

i dug out my cobbled together 25ft xtreme(made up of 3 different xtreme versions!)today for the chunk of work that was due today which replaced my slx/xtreme hybrid that ive been using for a few months now(with a plastic gooseneck and ultimate brush)....as usual lots of awkward windows to clean on this run.....

wow what a difference.....i forgot how little effort is needed to clean even the awkward windows,light as a feather with the carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush....i think ill be keeping this old pole in the van just for this weeks work and revert back to my other pole when i have less awkward windows to clean... :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

Re: xtreme pole users.....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 07:35:12 pm »
I've never used a goosneck before, never felt the need to buy one.

Only time they might be handy is conny roofs but I've managed thus far without one.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 08:01:19 pm »

Only time they might be handy is conny roofs but I've managed thus far without one.

they are so much lighter than the plastic goosenecks....i have 3 or 4.....maybe 5..... ;D

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 08:10:08 pm »
I have maybe six goosenecks. The newest one extends to 47 inches or so. Used it yesterday to clean velux windows on a four storey block of flats! Very useful.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 08:21:57 pm »
yes Daz,

Xtreme pole, 45degree carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush.

Perfection summed up in a pole.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:24:54 pm »

they are so much lighter than the plastic goosenecks....i have 3 or 4.....maybe 5..... ;D

Only 50g lighter than a plastic one

But they are not adjustable angle are they ?

I ended up using an old slx section to fix my extreme pole so it's already heavier than standard now anyway.

zesty

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 08:39:32 pm »
With the length of the poles that 50g is noticeable Adam, but yeah it can sometimes be annoying not having an angle adaptor.

I’m used to it and love it, but then I’m a bit obsessed with making my working equipment as light as possible!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 09:17:25 pm »

i dug out my cobbled together 25ft xtreme(made up of 3 different xtreme versions!)today for the chunk of work that was due today which replaced my slx/xtreme hybrid that ive been using for a few months now(with a plastic gooseneck and ultimate brush)....as usual lots of awkward windows to clean on this run.....

wow what a difference.....i forgot how little effort is needed to clean even the awkward windows,light as a feather with the carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush....i think ill be keeping this old pole in the van just for this weeks work and revert back to my other pole when i have less awkward windows to clean... :)

Alex Gardiner will be crying into his cornflakes tomorrow when he realises Dazmond "Popeye" Muscle Bosun will be using extremes again.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 11:33:33 pm »

Dump the gooseneck and its even lighter.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:17 am »

I ended up using an old slx section to fix my extreme pole so it's already heavier than standard now anyway.

how many times do you adjust your plastic gooseneck during your normal working day?i bet hardly ever.....

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 07:35:14 am »

Alex Gardiner will be crying into his cornflakes tomorrow when he realises Dazmond "Popeye" Muscle Bosun will be using extremes again.  ;D

im being extra careful with this pole as its a cobbled together one(and one section is split at the bottom) ;D

paradoxically my xtreme 47 is still in very good condition and its 7 years old but obviously gets used a lot less.... ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 11:06:09 am »

Dump the gooseneck and its even lighter.

How dat work?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 07:11:36 pm »

how many times do you adjust your plastic gooseneck during your normal working day?i bet hardly ever.....

Several.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 07:28:50 pm »

Quite a lot

If cleaning top windows over a conny tend to need to straighten the angle, if doing velux needs to be more 90 degrees

If im working in a tight space, again needs changing.

i change it a fair bit, its only 2 seconds i do it without thinking really but a fixed angle would make it awkward.

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 07:31:25 pm »
lots of times

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 08:03:16 pm »

Quite a lot

If cleaning top windows over a conny tend to need to straighten the angle, if doing velux needs to be more 90 degrees

If im working in a tight space, again needs changing.

i change it a fair bit, its only 2 seconds i do it without thinking really but a fixed angle would make it awkward.

another couple of years of wfp cleaning and you wont bother..... ;D

zesty

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »
I don’t miss an angle adapter at all, but do admit there are times when a carbon gooseneck isn’t at the right angle...

I still wouldn’t go back to an angle adapter though

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 10:19:57 pm »
Every house I adjust the angle a little I reckon. Only use a carbon gooseneck on one property. Swivel on 99.9% of my work.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 10:17:45 pm »
The concept of the extreme brush is fantastic with cold water but if you use hot water they last no time at all in reality,I have the stiff version and the other 2 versions obviously the stiffer one last a bit longer but it’s only useable on certain windows.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:20 pm »
The carbon goosenecks are the only ones I use and have done for years,I have a plastic angle adapter quick release and I couldn’t believe how much heavier it felt compared to the carbon.