sunshine windows

Re: "My last windowcleaner never bothered cleaning the frames"
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 07:24:54 pm »
Schoolboy error not pinning her down to a frequency before commencing work. I actually did this myself on a commercial Job Friday. Gave him the monthly price without stating it would be more for a one off or lesser frequency which he accepted and said it would be a one off. Had nothing else to do so just cracked on with it.

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 09:29:27 pm »
Schoolboy error not pinning her down to a frequency before commencing work. I actually did this myself on a commercial Job Friday. Gave him the monthly price without stating it would be more for a one off or lesser frequency which he accepted and said it would be a one off. Had nothing else to do so just cracked on with it.

Oops! ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 10:14:22 am »
I did a first clean like that as well as clearing out the gutters so say the frequency of the windows  agreed was on 3 monthly clean thereafter. I had a gut feeling she was going to mess me about and only wanted a one-off/yearly if that so said "give us a call in 3 months when you want the windows cleaned again". I received an email last week to ask if I could clean the windows again which happened to work out over 14 months later since they were last cleaned. Some people tell porkies so that’s why you should charge at least double for first cleans.

I've been there (a lot).  It doesn't necessarily mean they are bad customers. It's just that their requirements are different to what we would term as regulars. When this happens to me, I just tell them to give me a call when they  need me again. Most of them do, and I fit them in around my regular stuff. As long as they pay me, I'm happy.

Many of us do add-ons such as gutter/fascia/conservatory roof cleans on an ad-hoc basis. I see these jobs in the same light.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.