Dave Willis

"My last windowcleaner never bothered cleaning the frames"
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:31:10 pm »
I hardly noticed!

Rich Wilts

Re: "My last windowcleaner never bothered cleaning the frames"
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 04:35:18 pm »
See, That wouldn't have happened without Vision.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »
I'm guessing she omitted to say they hadn't been cleaned for a while. ...Like years  ;D
I hope you charged at lest double for that first clean as I would have said something like "I will see you again in about 4 years time" :D

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 04:52:45 pm »
Do you reckon she'll be a good custy!  ::)roll
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »
Nope, she waited 'till I'd finished then said I think I'll have them done quarterly!  ;D

kempy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:55:18 pm »
If she's a good payer every 3 months  then that be a good customer
Her last window cleaner  was probably quarterly decade to get them as bad as that 

tlwcs

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »
Can I pinch those Dave for my face ache page?

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 08:14:21 pm »
Help yerself.

tlwcs

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:58:17 pm »
If she's a good payer every 3 months  then that be a good customer
Her last window cleaner  was probably quarterly decade to get them as bad as that
She's not a good customer if his work is normally 2 monthly. She won't be an anything customer in 6 months anyway. A leopard doesn't change its spots. I do hope Dave charged well for that.

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »
She's not a good customer if his work is normally 2 monthly. She won't be an anything customer in 6 months anyway. A leopard doesn't change its spots. I do hope Dave charged well for that.

I beg to differ!

One of my first customers had absolutely black windows and frames. I wish I had a camera phone at the time. They were that dirty, that I couldn't shift the grime, scrubbing normally with an applicator sleeve. You literally would need to have the lights on in the house all the time the windows were that black.

Still cleaning her windows on a regular monthly basis to this day, after nearly 11 years.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Mike55

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 10:13:10 am »
I hardly noticed!

Hi Dave - do you mind if I pinch that piccy off you bud for advertising?

Incidentally I think you're the guy I bought the 2.0L Citroen Dispatch off about 6 years ago?  Absolute bullet proof van and still going strong.  Gonna get rid soon for something more modern but been an absolute workhorse with no major issues at all (touch wood!)

Cheers, Mike

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 10:31:15 am »

I beg to differ!

One of my first customers had absolutely black windows and frames. I wish I had a camera phone at the time. They were that dirty, that I couldn't shift the grime, scrubbing normally with an applicator sleeve. You literally would need to have the lights on in the house all the time the windows were that black.

Still cleaning her windows on a regular monthly basis to this day, after nearly 11 years.
Oh, sorry. She will be a perfect customer then. I always find the ones with filthy windows turn out to be my best customers.  ::)roll

sunshine windows

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 10:51:22 am »
Oh, sorry. She will be a perfect customer then. I always find the ones with filthy windows turn out to be my best customers.  ::)roll

Let's all bow down and abide by the experiences of 8 weekly. Yes oh master you are always correct  ::)roll
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

SeanK

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37:48 am »

I beg to differ!

It will depend on why the frames are filthy, the majority of my customers came to me because up until I came along they
couldn't get a shiner to clean the frames.
There are too many unknowns to turn a potential customer away just because the frames are filthy.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 11:59:48 am »
I hardly noticed!

Incidentally I think you're the guy I bought the 2.0L Citroen Dispatch off about 6 years ago?  Absolute bullet proof van and still going strong.  Gonna get rid soon for something more modern but been an absolute workhorse with no major issues at all (touch wood!)

Cheers, Mike

Help yourself Mike.
Good to hear the van kept going! I loved it in the time I had it - pulled really well. I can't remember what the BHP was but a lot quicker than my Toyota. Really handy roof rack too (I should have kept it).

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 01:59:47 pm »
I did a first clean like that as well as clearing out the gutters so say the frequency of the windows  agreed was on 3 monthly clean thereafter. I had a gut feeling she was going to mess me about and only wanted a one-off/yearly if that so said "give us a call in 3 months when you want the windows cleaned again". I received an email last week to ask if I could clean the windows again which happened to work out over 14 months later since they were last cleaned. Some people tell porkies so that’s why you should charge at least double for first cleans.

Mike55

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 02:03:54 pm »
I hardly noticed!

Cheers, Mike

Help yourself Mike.
Good to hear the van kept going! I loved it in the time I had it - pulled really well. I can't remember what the BHP was but a lot quicker than my Toyota. Really handy roof rack too (I should have kept it).

Cheers Dave.  Yeah I think I'll have the roof rack off it before it goes :-)

sunshine windows

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 04:04:29 pm »
I did a first clean like that as well as clearing out the gutters so say the frequency of the windows  agreed was on 3 monthly clean thereafter. I had a gut feeling she was going to mess me about and only wanted a one-off/yearly if that so said "give us a call in 3 months when you want the windows cleaned again". I received an email last week to ask if I could clean the windows again which happened to work out over 14 months later since they were last cleaned. Some people tell porkies so that’s why you should charge at least double for first cleans.

I think every one of us has been shafted like this at some point. I charge a first clean price for most cleans so have this covered.

I was merely pointing out they can turn into great customers. If you do a good job that is  :P
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

8weekly

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »

I think every one of us has been shafted like this at some point. I charge a first clean price for most cleans so have this covered.

I was merely pointing out they can turn into great customers. If you do a good job that is  :P
Yes, but usually they don't  and you begged to differ. The one with filthy windows that turns out to be a great customer is the exception and the fact that after the first clean she was renegotiating the terms bears that out.