Gary f

Best wet vac for cleaning gutters
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »
Wanine mat decent vac that will have enough power to clean most residential homes looked at Clarks from machine mart.

Peoples thoughts as only want to buy once. Looked @one which is v-wd60 and ond one coplete kit from gutter cleaning from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Clarke-30-Gutter-cleaning-gutter-cleaner-gutter-vacuum-kit-/120986857729?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1c2b60f101ebay

Thoughts anyone cheers or can anyone recomend place to buy the right kit want too get soething going on this side and downsides power over weight as twin motors more powerfull bigger and hiever , cheers Gary

Avo

Re: Best wet vac for cleaning gutters
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:38 pm »
Macallister from b&q has been very kind to me so far..
30+ jobs and no loss of power yet.. The 50mm hose cuffs fit perfect into the vac too.
Hope this helps!!

Trev Jones

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »
Have a look at the following link, I have bought the 3000 watt vacuum with a 20ft pole, also bought the camera. Great piece of kit and great customer service.

http://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/

Avo

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »
Yes these look very good for a 3000w.. Are the poles really light in use Tom I have thought about buying there poles because mine are slightly to heavy?

Trev Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »
I find the pole light enough to work with, its even easy enough to pick up an assembled 20ft pole horizontal on the ground to a vertical position into the gutter (and I'm a short arse).

Avo

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:15 pm »
I have the guttercleaningsystems poles to which I think the accessories are better but the down side might be the weight of the poles, if there's a real weight difference I'd call mark for a set I think.

mark blundell

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »
I have the guttercleaningsystems poles to which I think the accessories are better but the down side might be the weight of the poles, if there's a real weight difference I'd call mark for a set I think.

Hi Avo,

Can I ask what you think is better about the gutter cleaning systems accessories as I am always looking for feedback.

Regards Mark

Avo

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »
Hi mark we spoke on this a while back on another post.. Thumb lockers, adjusting head used on most jobs really work well at range eg over connie roof.. Support bars on the head and locks nozzle in place for safety.. These little changes are well thought through and for me give them the edge.. But very heavy poles if I'm honest from them.

Do you no how much lighter your poles are please mark??

Do you sell the poles without accessories mate??

Gary f

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »
Another one I have seen which seems good  any thoughts

http://www.victorfloorcare.com/products/V-WD60__WD60_Wet_Dry_Vacuum

Dani J

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
Another one I have seen which seems good  any thoughts

http://www.victorfloorcare.com/products/V-WD60__WD60_Wet_Dry_Vacuum

Too heavy to move around, you need 3 of you to do the job with this one  ;D

Gary f

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »
What do you receend or use Danni J cheers is 1400 watt enough as Gutter clean systems said theres is best and works for residential ok, cheers for any info.

Dani J

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:02:50 pm »
What do you receend or use Danni J cheers is 1400 watt enough as Gutter clean systems said theres is best and works for residential ok, cheers for any info.

This one Gary, nice & light.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Clarke-30-Gutter-cleaning-gutter-cleaner-gutter-vacuum-kit-/120986857729?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1c2b60f101ebay#ht_500wt_1219

Gary f

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »
Thanks Dani,

much appreciated on that.

Thanks Gary

Dani J

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »
Thanks Dani,

much appreciated on that.

Thanks Gary

You more than welcome mate  :)

mark blundell

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 10:27:13 pm »
Hi mark we spoke on this a while back on another post.. Thumb lockers, adjusting head used on most jobs really work well at range eg over connie roof.. Support bars on the head and locks nozzle in place for safety.. These little changes are well thought through and for me give them the edge.. But very heavy poles if I'm honest from them.

Hi Avo,

Sorry I do remember talking on another post now sorry just talk to so many people hard to keep track.

I am working on an adjustable nozzle at the moment I have one I have made up and will be coming soon just waiting on getting the aluminium machined,

Personally I cannot see the benefit of the adjustable head as there is enough flex in the silicone head to get the angles eg over conny roofs I just move back/forward a step or 2

Yes I do sell just the poles on the website on the accessories page not sure there compatible with gutter cleaning systems heads.  

I don't know what there poles weigh but my poles weigh in at 600g each I ordered some carbon fibre poles the other day they came in 2 meter lengths and where weighing in at 975g for the 2 meter length i put 2 of my poles together and cut mine down to 2 meters and they where weighing in at 1100g so only 125g heavier than carbon fibre.

see my blog for the pictures of the carbon fibre on the scales http://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/blog.html

Regards Mark

Dani J

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:57 pm »

Hi Avo,

Sorry I do remember talking on another post now sorry just talk to so many people hard to keep track.

I am working on an adjustable nozzle at the moment I have one I have made up and will be coming soon just waiting on getting the aluminium machined,

Personally I cannot see the benefit of the adjustable head as there is enough flex in the silicone head to get the angles eg over conny roofs I just move back/forward a step or 2

Yes I do sell just the poles on the website on the accessories page not sure there compatible with gutter cleaning systems heads.  

I don't know what there poles weigh but my poles weigh in at 600g each I ordered some carbon fibre poles the other day they came in 2 meter lengths and where weighing in at 975g for the 2 meter length i put 2 of my poles together and cut mine down to 2 meters and they where weighing in at 1100g so only 125g heavier than carbon fibre.

see my blog for the pictures of the carbon fibre on the scales http://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/blog.html

Regards Mark

Hi Mark
Nice blog, on your blog or site it says this particular vacuum cleaner weight 1.6 Kg. is that right ? 

Avo

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 08:22:03 am »
In some ways I can't comment because I've not used your kits mark and I'm sure your flexi head works just fine also.. I guess having that support bars helps for compacted down weeds and tile dusts helping loosening as I Hoover it for speed but remember I only use a 1400w and your 3000w properly take everything in it's path..

Benefits to marks systems are higher powered vac's and light weight poles which are the two most important facts when buying gutter vac's but anyone who says you can't use a 1400w vac is talking rubbish because I've not had any issue so far so you guys on a budget they do work.

Shame your poles don't fit mate they sounded just the job too!!
Keep us posted with more upgrades your planning as I may just buy one from you mate.  Rob!!

Avo

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 09:11:16 am »
Hi mark what's the inside n outside diameter of the poles I want some  :)  just weighed mine on the scales and you dont wanna no the out come!!!!

brad t

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 09:21:14 am »
what was the out come Avo? spill the beans.

mark blundell

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:46 am »

Hi Avo,

Regards Mark

Hi Mark
Nice blog, on your blog or site it says this particular vacuum cleaner weight 1.6 Kg. is that right ? 

Hi Dani,

No the  1.6 kg's is the weight of the root ball removed with our machine on friday watch the video and you will see you see me remove it and then weigh it

Regards Mark