g.brookes

Re: Recruiting Ex forces personal
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »
my general reaction to these comments is that we are not under threat.  i do not consider the army (currently) protecting me or fighting for me in any way.  their main use nowadays is in skirmishes against the taliban.  The taliban have repeatedly said if we leave their country alone, then they will leave us alone.  we cant go around policing the entire world, expecting them to all live in democracies like us.
anyway, this is a whole new can of worms....

magic moments

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 04:16:46 pm »
Ex forces to civilians,both as good in a working environment.,,

Tom White

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 04:42:58 pm »
my general reaction to these comments is that we are not under threat.  i do not consider the army (currently) protecting me or fighting for me in any way.  their main use nowadays is in skirmishes against the taliban.  The taliban have repeatedly said if we leave their country alone, then they will leave us alone.  we cant go around policing the entire world, expecting them to all live in democracies like us.
anyway, this is a whole new can of worms....

And what's this got to do with the soldiers who go where they're sent by the elected government?

g.brookes

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 04:56:25 pm »
its a choice that all soldiers make when they sign up, and they will know that the only action currently going on is focussed on nullifying terrorism in places like afghanistan.  if north korea started attacking great britain then i would be fully supportive of our soldiers.  obviously it is not the soldiers who dictate their arena of action, ut they are complicit in that when they sign up, and aware of what the army is currently doing (preventative measures against terrorism).
this is all just my opinion obviously, but i stand by my opinion that they are not 'protecting' or defending' us because if we had no army focus in the middle east then there would be no terrorist threat to ourselves.  its only through our arrogance and assuming the whole world should be run like british and american societies that we end up in these situations

Londoner

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »
Soldiers do what they do because they want to, its primaeval.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
They do of course exist in a state of constant readiness to put their lives on the line first and this involves a certain lack of freedom that civilians take for granted!

The biggest sickener for a soldier is to be aware of exactly what type of people they are doing this for!

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
I am not ex forces, unless you count army cadets and the scouts, but I do respect what the armed services do in our name and for us.

Saying that, I also respect the other services that serve us, I respect the Fireman who will put his/her life on the line, to go into a burning building and see if anyone is there, I will respect the Police Officer who will go up against an armed robber, unarmed, I will respect the ambulance and hospital personel who turn up or are attacked or abused just for doing their job.

But lets look at the armed forces, they cannot strike, they cannot say no I won't do that, they have to go where the goverment says, if they don't they lose their job or in the old days, they went to jail or where shot.

Yes they joined will free will and under normal circumstances, they can have a great career, travelling around the world and seeing and experencing different cultures, but in a heartbeat they can be asked to put their lives on the line because we have elected a goverment that requires them to do so.

I go to the usa for holidays every year, the first time I was coming up the elevator at Atlanta airport to get my suitcase, and all I heard was clapping, I was well impressed that they knew I was coming, but alas it was not for me, but the clapping was for every serviceman/women who are coming back from hostile lands.

In the 70's, the usa citizens spat on their own countrymen and women because they served in the conflict that their goverment had sent them to do.

Nowadays the Usa goverment and citizens understand that they owe a great deal for every single serviceman/women that will do what a lot of them will not or cannot do.

My dad served this country in ww2, he didn't have too because he was irish.  But he came over and ended up in Dunkirk, after that and some training and so on, he was transferred to the far east, this didn't work out too well either and he spent 3 years in a japanese pow camp, when he was rescued at the end of the war, he was blind because of the lack of food and he spent 1 year in a hospital in Australia recovering before being shipped back home to jolly england.

On his return was he treated like a hero, not on your life, who is going to rent a room to an Irishman, the adverts stated that there are no vacancys for Blacks, Dogs and the Irish

If you want to compare bankers to servicemen/women then that is up to you, because my father fought for you to have this freedom of thought and I am sure not going to take that away from him.

and if the grammer is not perfect, well f*** off

Dave Willis

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 07:36:07 am »
Charming.

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 07:39:24 am »
So Hydro, what attracts you to employing ex forces workers?
Their dedication to the job, their ability to serve the nation, there willingness to understand orders?

Or could it be the package supplied by the tax payer that interests you?

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:29 am »
Their dedication to the job, their ability to serve the nation, there willingness to understand orders?

what package, I will not be taking a penny off them, I will offer them a job with a wage, I will train them up to clean windows, I will send them on a NCCA course which I will pay for, I will teach them how to run a  business etc

and after 4 to 6 months and they want one I will give them free of charge, a van with a wfp system and a customer database of £50k pa, if they don't want to be a franchiee then they can stay as a employee.

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:09 am »
when I first started this post, I was unaware that they got a payout from the army running into many £1000's, so if they do take up my offer of a free franchise, they could use this package to grow their business futher and faster than the others I am offering it to, and because I will be getting a percentage from the franchisee, then yes I will benefit from taxpayers money.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 10:56:25 am »
and finally if you think or feel that I am using these men or women unfairly, say so and I will withdraw the offer and just give them jobs as a cleaner.

Tom White

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 01:26:00 pm »

what package, I will not be taking a penny off them, I will offer them a job with a wage, I will train them up to clean windows, I will send them on a NCCA course which I will pay for, I will teach them how to run a  business etc

and after 4 to 6 months and they want one I will give them free of charge, a van with a wfp system and a customer database of £50k pa, if they don't want to be a franchiee then they can stay as a employee.

You don't have to justify yourself, mate.  You run a business, not a charity.  If you were to find out what exactly the package soldier's received and found a way to target them, then so ruddy what?  The ex-squaddie gets a business and you get paid for your knowledge and hard work.   So both parties gain.  Isn't that what running an ethical business is about?

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 01:44:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply tosh and you are right I am running a business but I seem to attract flack from some posters who question what I say or my morales, and these are from people who hide behind fictious names.

As I said I am running a business and nothing is ever free in life, thats why my offer will come with a higher percentage they pay me for the first 5 years, but they also have the option to pay a upfront fee for the franchise and in return they get to pay a lower percentage.

Either way I am happy with, ex-forces guys and girls, I think will have the right mental approach to making their franchises a sucessful business, especially if you look at how many are already in the window cleaning trade.

Dave Willis

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 02:18:29 pm »
Pretty straightforward question really - you obviously are useless at selling your franchise package you've been on about for the last couple of years, don't have more than four days work a week by your own admission. I just wondered why you expect more success by targeting the armed services - must be a method to your madness?

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 04:25:03 pm »
Where have I said that I will be giving them 5 days of work, I have promised them £50000 of work per year, all because I can do it in 3 or 4 days does not make it a bad deal, if they want they can spread it over 7 days.

And if you want to be picky, let's start with using your real name Dave w

magic moments

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 05:06:03 pm »
This post is ridiculous,ex forces ,civillians no better then each other.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »
Where have I said that I will be giving them 5 days of work, I have promised them £50000 of work per year, all because I can do it in 3 or 4 days does not make it a bad deal, if they want they can spread it over 7 days.

And if you want to be picky, let's start with using your real name Dave w

No, I am Dave w  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 08:44:32 pm »
This post is ridiculous,ex forces ,civillians no better then each other.

I'm not sure if anyone is saying they are; but many businesses do target ex-forces because of the resettlement package they get.  They get paid time off from the army to attend these courses, and a wadge of money on top to pay for the course and accommodation costs.

Dave Willis

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 08:50:05 pm »
That's how I read it. I presumed the op. had found a bit of an employment gold mine that many of us didn't know about.