Recruiting Ex forces personal
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:33:41 pm »
Hi

I am looking at taking on more staff who will be trained up to not only clean windows but also to run a business and if they fit the bill and they want it to offer them a franchise, if they just want a job then that is ok as well.

I think that someone from a ex forces career would be the ideal person male or female.

Is there anywhere that I can advertise for them, like a ex forces website or magazine etc?

Ian101

Re: Recruiting Ex forces personal
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »
Tell the truth u just like the thought of rough tough men in uniform  :)

ben M

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:40:26 pm »
Tell the truth u just like the thought of rough tough men in uniform :-)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:31 pm »
would seem like a good idea, especially someone who has been in a few years - defo someone who would know how to work

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 02:47:51 pm »
Tosh will dress up for you for a tenner ... So I'm told

Michael B

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:54:05 pm »
Hi, excuse my lack of an introduction as this is my first post.
I left the Royal Marines in 2010 and i was given access to a service leavers only recruitment website-

https://www.ctp.org.uk/employers

Hope this is of some help!

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 03:22:37 pm »
hi and welcome to the forum m8, i should imagine that would be of very much use to a few on here.

i grew up in a town called Deal in Kent, right opposite the marine barracks

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:30:15 pm »
http://www.army.mod.uk/soldier-magazine/soldier-magazine.aspx

Soldiers also get a good resettlement package to pay for training once they leave the forces; if you can provide proper training, they can pay for it; or rather the tax payer pays for it.

You need to know a little about the rules though to make this work.  Soldiers only get about £700 to pay for their actual course, but some courses run into the £1000s.  So what many companies do is say that forces personnel can get a 80% discount, but they have to live in the accommodation provided.

The course then puts the guys into cheap bed and breakfast, charges an extortionate rate for it, and the course providers make their money through the accommodation charges (which the tax payer also pays for).

It's a bit of a con really, but there are businesses which actively target forces personnel on their resettlement package.

Elfyn

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:02 pm »
It might have changed now but, when I came out of the RN I was entitled to an EVT period. I ended up on full pay working in the trade that I planned to go into for three months .
Having said that, it was a long time ago.  ::)

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »
Hi, excuse my lack of an introduction as this is my first post.
I left the Royal Marines in 2010 and i was given access to a service leavers only recruitment website-

https://www.ctp.org.uk/employers

Hope this is of some help!

Micheal

many thanks or that, I will give them a call tomorrow and arrange a meeting.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »

Soldiers also get a good resettlement package to pay for training once they leave the forces; if you can provide proper training, they can pay for it; or rather the tax payer pays for it.

You need to know a little about the rules though to make this work.  Soldiers only get about £700 to pay for their actual course, but some courses run into the £1000s.  So what many companies do is say that forces personnel can get a 80% discount, but they have to live in the accommodation provided.

The course then puts the guys into cheap bed and breakfast, charges an extortionate rate for it, and the course providers make their money through the accommodation charges (which the tax payer also pays for).

It's a bit of a con really, but there are businesses which actively target forces personnel on their resettlement package.

so you come out of the forces and get paid for training in another job at the taxpayers expense?
cushy number there then.....

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:34:31 pm »

so you come out of the forces and get paid for training in another job at the taxpayers expense?

I have no problem with my taxes being spent on the men and women who have put or would have, their lives on the line, for the my protection and wellbeing.

Instead too much of my money is wasted on the idle wanna be disabled scroungers who think the world should pay for their xbox's and designer clothes, while they drink everyday and chill out with the enough drugs to keep the columbians in fast cars and pretty women.

mickwc

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
Hi,
i'm ex-forces myself, i think thats a great idea, have a look at www.questonline.co.uk
this is published as a free magazine as well as the website and is availble to all services, i used it a lot when i was looking at leaving the army, It has job adverts and also franchises averts. hope this helps?
Mick

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »
Hi,
i'm ex-forces myself, i think thats a great idea, have a look at www.questonline.co.uk
this is published as a free magazine as well as the website and is availble to all services, i used it a lot when i was looking at leaving the army, It has job adverts and also franchises averts. hope this helps?
Mick

Mick...do you get help buying franchises as well?

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 08:54:46 pm »

I have no problem with my taxes being spent on the men and women who have put or would have, their lives on the line, for the my protection and wellbeing.

Instead too much of my money is wasted on the idle wanna be disabled scroungers who think the world should pay for their xbox's and designer clothes, while they drink everyday and chill out with the enough drugs to keep the columbians in fast cars and pretty women.

What's a disabled scrounger  ???

mickwc

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 09:17:21 pm »
don't think you get help with buying a franchise, but i could be wrong, the army really do help you along as you leave. you can claim alot of money for training but it has to be provided by a registered training provider. After your main resettlement package, after you have left the forces you can claim enhanced learning credits, you can claim these 3 times towards some level 3 training, each time you can claim upto £1000. I myself opted to train as a watersports instructor, 6 weeks in australia!! nice! ;D

Mick

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »
Does anyone know if firefighters or other emergency services get the same benefits as the forces?

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:54 pm »

What's a disabled scrounger  ???

You never met one, come to brum and I will show you loads

Dean Taberner

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »
What about if these army people don't like windows though?

It is possible because it isn't very nice really if you're honest is it?

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

dexter

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:58 pm »
Does anyone know if firefighters or other emergency services get the same benefits as the forces?

no firefighters dont get the same benefits. Depending on when a person joined the service depends on what pension scheme they are in. But the minimum is a 30 year pension scheme at the end of which the person usually retires so does not require re training.