andy east sussex

fuel prices
« on: April 23, 2006, 03:09:47 pm »
im finding it hard i go out every day to work and some customers say no not today try tomorrow but what they dont realise that we have to pay for our fuel  every day with it being near enough a pound now can we put our prices up if so how?
cheers guys

jouk45

Re: fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 03:16:13 pm »
jeff, sent this thread a few days ago,
EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS
Nothing to do with wc, but i thought a few of you would like your fuel a little cheaper
don't know if any of you have seen this on the news and in the national papers? but cutting a long story short, a couple of guys got together and started a campain for cheaper fuel, they now have i think just over a million members in the uk,
does not cost you a penny to join you will get a card to go to garages and get a discount of your fuel.
it is not up and running properly yet but he still needs the publics support go to the web site sighn up and get all the info PIPELINE UK

http://www.PipelineCard.org/recommend.html

HERES ANOTHER ONE FOR TO GET MORE OUT OF YOUR FUEL.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/   JOUK45

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 03:25:23 pm »
jeff, sent this thread a few days ago,
EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS
Nothing to do with wc, but i thought a few of you would like your fuel a little cheaper
don't know if any of you have seen this on the news and in the national papers? but cutting a long story short, a couple of guys got together and started a campain for cheaper fuel, they now have i think just over a million members in the uk,
does not cost you a penny to join you will get a card to go to garages and get a discount of your fuel.
it is not up and running properly yet but he still needs the publics support go to the web site sighn up and get all the info PIPELINE UK

http://www.PipelineCard.org/recommend.html

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but the guys surname makes it look like a spoof.
Apart from Scammell being a word associated with lorries, the "Scam" part of it causes me to think that someone is having a laugh.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 03:28:22 pm »
I DONT THINK IT IS A SCAM, BUT SAYING THAT I HAVE NOT USED IT YET,

dai

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:32:40 pm »
My son in law works for Shell research and development. Fuel additives are his field. He's on an LPG project in Turkey at the moment. I will ask him when he gets back. Sounds too good to be true. DAI

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:57:22 pm »
dai, thousands are using it now with Acetone, over in america.  its 100% paint thinner. some folks have been using it for years with greater mileage on the roads,

alan_t

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 09:00:22 pm »
that pipeline card as been going a while now, its been on the news and in the papers.
last time i heard, well over 200,000 people have signed up.

dai

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 09:36:54 pm »
 dai, thousands are using it now with Acetone, over in america.  its 100% paint thinner. some folks have been using it for years with greater mileage on the roads,

I just want to hear the official line from the horses mouth. These guys check absolutely every thing, they even strip engines down to their component parts and weigh every micro gram of deposits. They will run 2 cylinders of an engine with an additive, and the other two with normal fuel, and then run them for days at a time before stripping the whole lot down again for inspection.
I do though take the guys point, that oil companies want us to buy more fuel not less. Dai

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 09:53:17 pm »
that pipeline card as been going a while now, its been on the news and in the papers.
last time i heard, well over 200,000 people have signed up.

Its now 340,000 members now.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 08:56:47 am »
Another tip.............Look at petrolprices.com and you can find the cheapest fuel in your area by typing in your postcode.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 09:39:04 am »
nice one, always wondered how the taxis knew who was the cheapest petrol station in town,

andy east sussex

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 04:45:12 pm »
lets get to the point are any of us going to put our prices up due to the fuel prices now?

ronaldo

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 04:51:15 pm »
NO!
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 05:16:28 pm »
NO

macc

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 06:24:20 pm »
no.  >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 06:28:28 pm »
Well if my fuel bill is normally £30 - £35 per week, then the increases in the last few weeks would increase it £2 - £3 p.w.  Now if fuel prices cause a general increase in inflation then I may need to look again but no increases just for this.

dai

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 08:17:37 pm »
What I would like to know is when is the taxman going to increase the 42 pence per mile allowance. It has been the same for years in spite of the increases in fuel prices Dai

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 08:35:28 pm »
im finding it hard i go out every day to work and some customers say no not today try tomorrow but ...

The problem here is your customers; not the fuel prices.

Make sure your customers understand your agreed terms and conditions.  I print mine on my 'Your window cleaner has been chit'.

If they try to mess you about with regards to frequency (unless they have a valid excuse, such as having building work done); DROP THEM.

A smaller, better quality round is better than a lot of work with lots of bad customers.

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 10:37:21 pm »
I could,nt agree more Tosh.

Quality over quantity every time.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »
 re Dai 

.  .  .  taxman going to increase the 42 pence per mile allowance.

thats an interesting point because that is the figure I have been working on, but on the Inland Revenue website they are quoting 40p per mile!

can anyone clarify this?

sorry to alter the direction of the thread

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.