D.Salkeld_Ltd

Water Transfer with Backpack?
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:02:37 am »
Mornin' Folks,

I have a Backpack and it's great.....................
But.......................
Filling it up with the 30ltr barrels is back breaking and filling the barrels and humping them into the boot of my Skoda Hatchback is a bit of a pane.

Any Ideas to help would be appreciated?

Anyone know where I can get a transfer pump 12 volt about 60ltr/min with inlet pipe to draw from barrels to Backpack.  The submersables available wouldn't be able to squeeze one into the barrels!!

Thanks

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

ronaldo

Re: Water Transfer with Backpack?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:11:05 am »
Try one of these Dave they do a pump that fit straight onto a 25ltr barrel and you can empty one in about a minute with no effort at all, hers their link http:/www.justoffbase.co.uk ;D
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:28:34 am »
 i do have one or two ideas, but i think its realy just as fast pouring it into the tank from the containers, its a complaint i see a lot on the forums.they are scared the water spilling down into the wiring near the battery may damage it, or its a pain lifting containers all day

this was an idea i had its very simple but efective just using gravity.
 what you can do is this, buy containers like this with a tap  and connect
a piece of hose about a metre. put the container on its side turn on the tap and the water comes flying out into the other container.you would need to have it slightly higher than the other container that you are going to refill.just a quick idea jouk45

you  put the hose on the end of the tap by means of a pipe clip, and simply turn the tap to release the water,
this container has a venting cap at the back, so the air is pushing the water out faster.

even better, if you make a shelf on the side of the van slightly tilting down, enough for two container, you can join the containers by means of air coupling. this way the water transfers to the bottom as it gets empty,a constant flow. they just click into one another and you get no leaks.

this one goes into the bottom of the leading container.

this one goes into the lid.  jouk45

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:34:02 am »
Go on the machine mart site , there is a pump that is powered by a drill , if you have a cordless drill your sorted

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:42:48 am »
on mains power drills they are good, cordless dont have enough rpm. got one here gathering dust.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 11:43:19 am »
This is the pump you need but you will only get 31 ltrs a minute

http://www.piplers.co.uk/product_details.asp?intDescID=3118&Manufacturer=LVM&Code=

I doubt you will find one that will go in a barrel doing 60ltr a minute

Paul

Jon T.C.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 11:56:32 am »
Elite Cleaning Solutions

jouk45

Re: Water Transfer with Backpack? New
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »
why?  spend money on  pumps and waste more battery power, when you can get simple gravity  for nothing, the water comes flying out of them, or another way if you have a van, put a container on the roof.using same method, the water will rush into the backpack even faster,especialy if you have a few of these backpacks running,