7 (29.2%)
poor
45.8%
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

andy east sussex

my web site
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »
ive just built it what do you thik  or what do you think i should change and to what
www.reliablewindowandcarpetcleaning.co.uk

andy east sussex

Re: my web site
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:54:41 pm »
y is it poor whats wrong with it

Jake

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 08:26:28 pm »
Andy

I do not know any thing about building a web site, so well done for giving it a go. The one thing that stands out for me, is the very poor grammar, get some help to put that right first. Also the picture doesn't 'tell' me anything about your recent projects, it is a very 'blurred' image. Hope these comments are constructive.

Regards..............Jake
Exeter, Devon

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 09:50:47 pm »
Andy

I do not know any thing about building a web site, so well done for giving it a go. The one thing that stands out for me, is the very poor grammar, get some help to put that right first. Also the picture doesn't 'tell' me anything about your recent projects, it is a very 'blurred' image. Hope these comments are constructive.

Regards..............Jake

The general layout and look seems reasonable.  There is some inconsistency about using capital letters or not.  Also, the bit that reads "all ours customers ...."  should be "all our customers are.............." .  Nice effort.  About time I did one myself.

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 11:30:47 pm »
Andy, composing a web site is not an easy task and good on you for having a go.

The colours are good, the layout is a bit iffy ie why is it all locked onto one side of the screen and the box containing the free estimate bit looks clumsy, like its been thrown in as an after-thought.

I have noted a few things below and please take the suggestions as constructive because I will be going down this same route one day

With regard to grammar and punctuation I would let someone knowledgable take a look to help you out. To explain -

Ie  in your opening paragraph "welcome to reliable window cleaning . . "  -  as its your company name the words should start with capital letters. This para'  has no punctuation at all and is grammatically muddled.  Suggestion  .  .  .  Our 5 year old company is proud of its reliability in providing a cleaning service for carpets and windows to its commercial and domestic customers. - and "you will be" not "your be"

The start of any new sentence should begin with a capital letter as should all the place names as in  Eastbourne,  and surprised not supprised. Grammar is bad as is the phraseology and why is "  we are a sussex based company we clean windows "  etc etc split by a photograph?  At present this reads " we are a sussex based" then below the photograph  you put  " company we clean windows .  .  etc etc

I expect you have looked around on this site for ideas because there are some very good ones here

Happy hunting

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

andy east sussex

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »
how do i improve my web site do you have any ideads i dont know alot about computers but i get by any advise welcome
thank you