Brush cleaning
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:23:07 pm »
Cleaned my own windows yesterday and could not work out why the first few were left with spots.

My 12 year old did the last few and they are perfect, but the first few were awful.

I realised I had used two brushes that had been in the van for a weekk, unused, and concluded that the brushes must be dusty and therefore need cleaning regurlarly.

How do you keep yours clean?

Dunk in a bucket of pure and gg3?

brett walker

Re: Brush cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 04:45:52 pm »
The simple amswer is get your 12yr old to go out and do the windows looks like youve a wfp w-c in the making there. ;)

Yes pure water and gg3

but you will find most people dont bother

Brett

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 08:49:59 pm »
i dont bother, i just give is a brisk "hand over the bristles" when its dry every week, this gets all the larger bits out

though i do rinse with the brush OFF the glass

ronaldo

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
Hello Bear, every night i get home i have an ettore square bucket half full of pure water and i give the brush a real good wash then chuck the water and put some fresh in and leave the brush to soak till its used again.

I cant beleive that people have said on here before that they have never cleaned their brushes! i would have thought it was OBVIOUS the cleaner ur brush the better the clean!{perhaps when they clean their teeth they dont rinse the brush out after theyve finished either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

steve k

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 07:39:02 am »
the thing is...the brush is basically in a pure water washing machine all day...washing up and down windows with pure water sloshing through the brush head IS continuously keeping the brush clean.
Unless you are doing extremely dirty windows on a regular basis and do not lift off the glass to rinse...there is no need to wash the brushes.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 07:48:42 am »
Steve,

The one we used had not been used in over a week, it was a bit dusty.