David 'Duck' Clare

What you do when you go on holiday?
« on: April 21, 2006, 03:19:42 pm »
Ive been thinking (dreaming) about my summer holiday.

What do you lot do when you want to go on hols? get another W/C to cover for you? make it up by working 6 or 7 days a week either side of the holiday?

DC

Sir Squeaky

Re: What you do when you go on holiday?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 03:41:35 pm »
No, just carry on as usual when you get back.
Might have to work hard to make up for lost wages if you wanted to.

Don't worry about the customers though.
So you're a week or so late?
Who's going to care, or even notice at all? ::)

carl stanton

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 04:06:10 pm »
if your good and regular any way they wont mind to much you might get one moan but then the same customer will moan if your 19 & 1/2 hrs early!! ya get me!  if they say anything then just tell them and they should be fine, as squeaky says if they notice!

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 04:18:40 pm »
I normally tell them if im away and there window cleaning is going to be late.

Think i will stop doing this though as you don't know what half of your customers are like and i would like to come back and still have a tv.

Paul

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:31:14 pm »
i dont say anything until after the holiday and then if anyone says anything i just tell them that ive been away , to be honest nobody really says anything
( nobody misses me :'( :'( :'()
gary

bumper

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:48:02 pm »
Just tell them your going on holiday,when im on time every fornight ,and collecting they always say AGAIN you only came last week, no love 2 weeks ago then when im going i say, see you next week love, :) just to get there backs up.Like gary said nobody will miss you for a couple off weeks,in my case a few months.

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:18:09 pm »
aaah poor glr!  :'(
tottaly know what your saying paul g! but i have an honest batch of customers not the dodgy ones like you!  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 06:30:41 pm »
Ive been thinking (dreaming) about my summer holiday.

What do you lot do when you want to go on hols? get another W/C to cover for you? make it up by working 6 or 7 days a week either side of the holiday?

DC

I do try to get a little bit in front before I go but nobody ever seems to notice anyway.  They know it's about 6 weekly from early Spring to early Winter and that my schedule goes pear shaped in the Winter anyway.