ronaldo

FIRST CUSTOMER LOST
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:38:22 am »
Lost my first job today because of wfp, and it was my second clean. Started to clean and the front door opened and the lady said wheres the normal wc?. I said i am the normal one then she shut the door. Finished the front up and over the garage done back climbed back over and knocked the door she answered looked at the backpack and said my grandson has a thingy like that so he may aswell do them for me. I explained that it was not tap water and we have to deionize it and her reply was water is water at the end of the day! She said they were perfect last time and i said yes and last time they were cleaned the same way but you werent in to see i then gave up and drove off into yet more rain serously p####d of as it was a good payer. My only concern is i have 5 all in a row and if tongues start wagging am i going to lose them all  :'(
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Re: FIRST CUSTOMER LOST
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:51:37 am »
Nothing quite as queer as folk she will soon realise water is not just water!! ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 12:46:50 pm »
Lost my first job today because of wfp, and it was my second clean. Started to clean and the front door opened and the lady said wheres the normal wc?. I said i am the normal one then she shut the door. Finished the front up and over the garage done back climbed back over and knocked the door she answered looked at the backpack and said my grandson has a thingy like that so he may aswell do them for me. I explained that it was not tap water and we have to deionize it and her reply was water is water at the end of the day! She said they were perfect last time and i said yes and last time they were cleaned the same way but you werent in to see i then gave up and drove off into yet more rain serously p####d of as it was a good payer. My only concern is i have 5 all in a row and if tongues start wagging am i going to lose them all  :'(

You may well end up losing them all but you are better off without them.  When I've lost work through changing to WFP, I've found that it get concentrated into areas so they probably talk.

petetaylor56

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:25:06 pm »
ronaldo i have been using wfp for a year now only lost one did not like windows left wet keep going will come right in the end i have people phoning me up because of my system it does hurt but you will replace her for some better paid job ;)
today i be mostly wfp

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 04:33:11 pm »
I lost a customer who thought water was water! He didn't tell me, he just cancelled. Any way I saw him with his car wash brush and pole from halfords with it plugged into a hose pipe washing his windows with tap water! Only thing is we have a really high tds of 485ppm around here and his windows were just awfull... Next thing I saw a trad window cleaner doing them. Oh well...

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:31:40 pm »
Ronaldo. I had pretty much exactly the same thing happen to me. Had cleaned 3 times when she wasn't in, then she "caught" me and cancelled. Same answer....."I could do that" she ranted. I tried to explain, but she was an ignorant ca at the best of times. NO loss whatsoever. Anyways, everyone else around her loves the system and no one else followed suit. It's no guarantee at all mate that they will ALL cancel you. Keep ya chin....and ya pole up  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:32:14 pm »
I have also just had 1st cancellation by phone. I'd only cleaned her twice, once trad and the 2nd time wfp. I lost 2 others as well last week. 1 didn't like wfp and wanted me to do it trad again. I told them if it was a quality issue i would always put it right but if not then sorry.
Another complained that a window sill upstairs wasn't clean. She had been a good customer from when i'd started 2 years before but last month she complained about a window sill downstairs. I always clean the frames and sill but she probably had a point upstairs with wfp, as i couldn't see.
There was another issue the month before as well.
Oh yeah, new door fitted which had i glass pane instead of 2. She asked if her £3 job (front only) was still £3 because there is less glass now.
Dropped.
All my customers know i guarantee my work so it isn't about the finish but the method.
There are about 5 more who i anticipate not liking wfp, but i haven't heard anything yet.
The 2nd month will reveal all.

Do what's best for you.
As long as you treat your customers with respect your supply of them should never dry up.

dai

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 08:03:21 pm »
I lost 3 in the same row. One old guy had seen the first Newsnight programme and had decided that WFP was no good. He persuaded the others too. When he couldn't fault the finish, he said he didn't like the walls getting wet. Good riddance. I have taken better paying jobs on instead. Dai

simbo

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:02 pm »
Now this is why although things going well with my wfp i only use on risky or awkward windows and not had one complaint, in fact it is seen as a bonus to them as long as i can use the ladder safely i will continue as it is in my opinion just another tool to enable us to do a spot on job why does it have to be the only tool?
simbo

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 11:14:29 pm »
Hi Ronaldo

Maybe this was just an excuse to get rid of you as she has found someone else to do the job cheaper; the beer money brigade that comes out about now with the flies at the onset of summer.

Forget her but keep 'nursing' the others. My advise is to spend a little more time talking to each of them about the benefits, - privacy, clean frames etc.

I have found that the WFP system is creating so much interest on the estate I have just started on that virtually each day I am getting new customers approaching me for their windows to be done. Got 2 today.

Rgds

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 11:19:25 pm »
Ive been wfp for three years and have the biggest cleaning round in my area.I have not in the three years lost one customer through wfp.I have given over 300 customers up because i dont use a ladder at all.And come on...up and over a garage there must be loads of windows in your areas that you do not need to go clambering up and over garages to clean the windows.I used to have lots of those but you spend more time up and down up and over than you could cleaning other windows.Give them up you have to make your job as worth while financially and safley as possible.Ive had one customer complain back in 2003 about wfp being no good.... icleaned them FREE 4 times and im still doing them now and they pay....and they will never go back to trad.Ive had a woman complain about trad..."windows are all smeary"...turns out when i knock the door to ask which ones..."well reason is we are having a baby and cant afford to have them cleaned anymore" they will all try it on,they will have someone knock the door and do them cheaper than you.The customers who respect you and allways use you will allways pay.......their the ones who you need not the old ladies and gents who need to keep an eye on the pension.

macc

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:27:45 pm »
I lost 3 in the same row. One old guy had seen the first Newsnight programme and had decided that WFP was no good. He persuaded the others too. When he couldn't fault the finish, he said he didn't like the walls getting wet. Good riddance. I have taken better paying jobs on instead. Dai

hi chaps, if i get a comment about walls getting wet i always say it must be a big unbrella you put up when it rains, does it pop out the roof on auto and laugh.  ;D

cedric

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 11:10:17 pm »
it hurts at the beginning, but you have to persevere. You will never regret. You will do twice as much customers as before during a day and you will soon get commercial jobs. :D