4 (5%)
£20+
3.8%
3 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

mark dew

Re: Minimum Charge
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 03:58:43 pm »
,more people have said "is that all?"than HOW MUCH!!,when I've given quotes,so I sleep quite easy at night!

Do you mean slept well rather than easy. All that extra work for the same cash.... ;D

This is the beauty of window cleaning. We are one of the free-est professions going and we have the flexibility to do what we want to a certain extent.
I wouldn't change for the world. I have found a niche for the 1st time in years.
I quoted a semi at £15 the other day. It had 2 2nd story windows extra but that was all. They told me they paid £10 for their last cleaner. I didn't reply. It doesn't interest me what they paid before. History.
I did it wfp and when i'd finished and the windows were still wet i could see the scepticism in their faces. I took the money told them if they come up less than perfect to call me back and left.
I went back yesterday 'cos i did underneath the gutters and fascias too and was a bit concerned about drips.
The wife said the windows were great but was a little expensive and could i "be more competitive?" I told her that she gets what she paid for and if they want a £10 cleaner i'm not their man. I do more and charge more.
She was happy with that and we had a chat for a few minutes and i left.

The point i'm trying to make is that regardless of prices, as long as you're happy and the customer gets a good clean, everything else is academic.   

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 05:23:16 pm »
mike those £5 jobs can make u a lot money in a day when they r next door to each other some peaople r just to greedy

Greedy well what a load of twaddle.

When you became a window cleaner you done it because you like doing it...So presumably you do most of your customers free of charge...or are you greedy and charge them...

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 06:27:52 pm »
Myself i dont really have a minimum but in the bit of Crawley i know Shinner hates its a minimum of £6-£7 but ive taken his advice recently and moved a little out of town and leafletted 400 houses which i new i would not charge less than £8 to all of them and in most cases £12+

Im very happy with this as the ones ive got so far are close(ish) together and about 20% £££'s more than i have been charging to date  ;D

That said id clean a house for £5 if i had to, i dont care if the house is worth £5 ill do it for that as long as its worth my time. Besides one of my £5 houses always gives me a tin of coke and he is a real nice bloke - in fact i went to do his house 2 weeks ago (he has it done every two weeks/ and its a fairly small house) and it really didnt need doing - he looked at me like i was an alien and let me go......i got 2 calls that week from his neighbours asking me to do their windows

My wife says its KARMA i was honest with him and he looked after me. So his house may be a fiver to me but it is fortnightly and has produced £18 of other work a month now also!

David.
It's not so much about hating a particular area.  It's more to do with the layout of the houses and poor access.  I have found though that I can earn more by travelling out a bit and targetting larger properties with decent access.  This is especially important now that I use WFP a lot more.
I was naughty today.  I had just put all my WFP stuff away when someone new asked me to clean their windows.  Slapped wrist for me as I couldn'tbe a rsed to get the hose and pole out again so I did the lot with a ladder. 

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 06:54:56 pm »
Myself i dont really have a minimum but in the bit of Crawley i know Shinner hates its a minimum of £6-£7 but ive taken his advice recently and moved a little out of town and leafletted 400 houses which i new i would not charge less than £8 to all of them and in most cases £12+

Im very happy with this as the ones ive got so far are close(ish) together and about 20% £££'s more than i have been charging to date  ;D

That said id clean a house for £5 if i had to, i dont care if the house is worth £5 ill do it for that as long as its worth my time. Besides one of my £5 houses always gives me a tin of coke and he is a real nice bloke - in fact i went to do his house 2 weeks ago (he has it done every two weeks/ and its a fairly small house) and it really didnt need doing - he looked at me like i was an alien and let me go......i got 2 calls that week from his neighbours asking me to do their windows

My wife says its KARMA i was honest with him and he looked after me. So his house may be a fiver to me but it is fortnightly and has produced £18 of other work a month now also!

David.
It's not so much about hating a particular area.  It's more to do with the layout of the houses and poor access.  I have found though that I can earn more by travelling out a bit and targetting larger properties with decent access.  This is especially important now that I use WFP a lot more.
I was naughty today.  I had just put all my WFP stuff away when someone new asked me to clean their windows.  Slapped wrist for me as I couldn'tbe a rsed to get the hose and pole out again so I did the lot with a ladder. 

I know what you mean Shinner, Im starting to get fed up of either having to call the customer before hand to gain access.

Im now looking to go out towards Haywards Heath and the surrounding area, as Ive been asked to quote on a few places there.

DC

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 07:23:38 pm »

I know what you mean Shinner, Im starting to get fed up of either having to call the customer before hand to gain access.

Im now looking to go out towards Haywards Heath and the surrounding area, as Ive been asked to quote on a few places there.

DC

I occasionally get enquiries from the HH/Cuckfield area.  I can pass them on to you if you wish?