www.mrgutters.co.uk

WHAT TO DO ..
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:18:28 pm »
hi all

had a lady smack into the back of the van tonight its not too bad .. but was wondering what happens when it goes for repair ,, cos obviosly wont have a van .. has anyone got a loan van ? in a situation like this ..

damn ive got a thumping headache!

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

DASERVICES

Re: WHAT TO DO ..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:54:50 pm »

Howzitt Shawn,

Hope you feeling okay, does your insurance cover for solicitor fee's etc..
  its called Motor Legal Protection.

If so then speak to your insurance and you should be covered to take
  out a hire van and put the cost agains't the lady's insurance. Also any
  loss of work you should be able to claim.

Lastly if you have wiplash claim for that as well, ££ :o :o

Hope all goes well.

Doug

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 08:06:17 pm »
hi

how are things going with  you ... yeah its a pain .. i have a really sore head my neck sore but im not sure wether its serious ... hit my heas on steering wheel then bulkhead.. OUCH!

i was just getting the van all sorted..

shawn

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:14:10 pm »

Hi Shawn,

Bunged up with this flu like virus that's going around and had my worst day on
  the windows ( had to work so could pay the bills )

You may have a big problem, if you have wiplash then WFP will be a big
  problem with your neck. I had an accident 5 yrs ago and it still bothers my neck
  looking up, so you may have problems.

Take it easy don't rush into things or you could damage your neck even more
  and could end your window cleaning days.

Doug

dai

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:13 pm »
Get to the doctors as soon as possible, If you do have whiplash injury, any future claim maybe jeapordised if you don't. The going rate for whiplash is at least a couple of grand these days. Dai

steve k

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 06:16:36 am »
ditto Dai...you need to get the doctors or hospital ASAP and tell your insurance company...then sit back and be patient regarding insurance....might take a bit of time but you will receive a big payout for whiplash. Also there is no liability issues as you were hit from behind...the other driver has NO getout in law...they are liable...DO NOT DELAY.

jakeandmia

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07:49 pm »
hi Shawn

I was involved in a bad accident 5yrs ago(3 died,11 got out of minibus alive) and I can assure you the pain will get worse before it gets better.Whiplash takes a few days to kick in but when it does its painful.My doctor told me to give up WC and find another career but my solicitor got me a WFP from my claim.Make sure you go to the docs and lay it on thick and keep going every couple of weeks.The more you go the better it will be.All monies lost through not being able to work will be added on to compensation so stick with it.

wayne

Mike George

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 05:49:33 pm »
You can hire a van for about £10 to £15 +VAT a day from Norflex, with unlimited mileage but you have to arrange your own insurance.

There's a list of their hire bases at http://www.northgateplc.com/northgate_network.php
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:48:41 am »
hi all#

thanks for your help my comp has been broken for a few days so only just saw posts .. i will go to Dr tomorow .. and see what he says ...

hope you feel better soon da .. :)

shawn

billozz

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:28:41 pm »
not sure of shawns situation but he raises a good point regarding replacement van etc we have our tank and r/o system fitted in the van, if it was off the road for a while it would be a right pain to have to swop it all over to another van
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Tim Morton

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:33:17 pm »
I guess that would be the great advantge to having your ro setup at your house, then you'd at least just have to swop out your tanks and pump and di vessel, one less thing to transfer.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

master cleaner

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:07:02 pm »
my ro is at home and i use trolleys i have got a tank fitted in the van but if i had a smash and the trolleys didnt get damaged then i would have to go back to jerry cans but i dont know if my insurance would give me a van , worth looking into though

gary