jouk45

lighter and cheaper backpack
« on: April 14, 2006, 11:21:24 am »

here is another backpack,  this idea i have invented myself.  its all about cutting down as much weight as possible,and still achieve the same results and pressure as the battery backpacks  that can cost you anything from£250 up to £300  this system am going to show you will cost from £40 up to £60

COMBINED HAND PUMP AND AIR COMPRESSED BACKPACK,
THE DIFERENCE IS THE BATTERY IS CONTAINED ON THE TROLLEY,AND NO PUMP SO THERE WILL BE A LOT LESS WEIGHT.
HERES IS A PICTURE OF IT.    AS YOU CAN SEE MOST JUMPSTARTS HAVE TYRE COMPRESSORS AS STANDARD NOW.

see the system here

THESE ARE THE TWO SIMPLE PARTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS BACKBACK.
THIS IS A STANDARD TUBELESS TYRE VALVE, THATS AVAILABLE AT ANY TYRE FITTING CENTRE. THEY CHARGE ABOUT 25PENCE EACH OR MOST JUST GIVE IT TO YOU FOR NOTHING.YOU ONLY NEED ONE BUT GET 2 JUST IN CASE.

the next part you need is a pressure release valveIF NOT ALREADY FITTED
PRICE RANGE FROM £8.00 UP TO £15

JOUK45,

gaza

Re: lighter and cheaper backpack
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:41:53 pm »
NOW THAT COULD WORK ;)

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 11:29:04 pm »
gazz, it does work  ::)

gaza

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 11:51:51 pm »
RIGHT:SO WHAT IS THE PRESSUE VALVE PRESSURE SET AT?
65PSI 100PSI YOU COULD FIT A 25 LITRE TANK TO IT

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 12:04:45 am »
now that is dammed smart. have cheap £9.99 back pack and starter pack cum tyre inflator. just need a few bits and im away. thanks jouk you haveing got my brain working overtime to make something similar.
regards
paul

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 12:07:17 am »
gazza, the pressure can be set to 65 or 100psi. i made it for backpacks only. it would not work with a normal water container.jouk45

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 10:38:13 am »
The brewery trade use many and various plastic cylindrical containers that could be adapted ?

beefy

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 12:08:13 am »
jouk, i just bought a similar backpack from netto was gonna just get pumping but this looks much better but sadly my mechanical ability is limited to filling up with deisel& changing wheels, could you explain how to fit the valve( does it just go in existing hole) and the pressure release valve, thanks so much for helping the afflicted

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 12:27:58 am »
beefy, the backpack has a release valve on it as standard, yes you can put the gauge into the existing hole. but for safty i recomend the gauge as i dont want anyone to say i blew them up lol. no seriously put the gauge on, it cuts the air out at the correct pressure. its only a £10 from ebay. beefy its just for piece of mind that you will be safe,
check here for gauge

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-REGULATOR-WITH-GAUGE-BRAND-NEW-HIGH-QUALITY_W0QQitemZ8053683684QQcategoryZ30906QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

beefy

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 01:53:53 am »
sorry mate i meant does tyre valve go in hole in lid(this must be built in release bit) & do i then have to drill a hole in side of bp for pressure gauge,how do i then make it water tight. told you i was slow lol. im only up now cos i forgot to boil kids eggs for tomorrow im doing 60 so i could be up a while ;D but thnks for the help

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 04:46:36 pm »
beefy, put the tyre valve on the lid, pre-drill the hole with a 16mm flat bit drill.  put a little soap on the bottom of the valve,   then pull it through the lid, with plyiers,   carefull you dont damage the brass valve inlet,  beefy the valve is self sealing once you pull it throgh the hole.   for the gauge, put white plumbing tape around the thread before inserting into the hole.   but always make sure the hole is slightly smaller than the threaded base on the gauge,before inserting into the hole. even better if you can get your hand in where the lid is.  you can get a rubber washer and nut to fit the thread and tighten it from behind.jouk45

beefy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 05:30:55 pm »
brilliant ta very much jouk, reckon even i can follow that. taking kids back to ayrshire now but will have a go next week,so keep yr ears peeled for any explosions

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 05:45:10 pm »
beefy, or even simpler.you can do away with the trolley and jumpstart, carry this device in your vehicle,plug it into your cig lighter and pressurise the backpack that way. you would not need the gauge on the backpack as this tyre compressor has it all built in. ;D

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46832&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=SEOsearchPages&doy=search

beefy

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:23:06 pm »
pure legend, jouk are you sure yr in the right business
thanks again

johnny_h

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 08:44:31 pm »
hi guys following this thread with great interest. anyone got one up and running? how well did it work? i have found where to get all the bits i need  to stard building one !!
AUDI VIDE TACE

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 09:28:37 pm »
johnny_h could u tell me where u got the tyre valve from please regards
paul

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 10:56:06 pm »
paul you get the valve from any tyre fitting centre,  kwik fit, budget ect, now heres another ad on to the system. if your not a diy man heres a ready made system.  phone the chap there,said it was very easy to convert to waterfed tank and it inludes the price. this tank will give you real power of 120psi here it is to view,cost all in with fittings incuding connectors about £55. grab a bargain , more powerfull than a backpack, and very light. just sit it on a trolley, power it with a jumpstart with built in compressor or buy an rac automatic from maplins,jouk45

automatic shut of  £13.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46832&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=SEOsearchPages&doy=search

19 LITRES Stainless Steel Cornelious Kegs     
These are the ultimate in home use pressure barrels, the take up to 130psi 20 times the strength of a plastic keg,

link here  http://www.hamstead-brewing-centre.co.uk/itm00556.htm

this is a professional system that will cost about £650 exc vat
the one am showing you will cost about £120 and you get the same performance.

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 08:58:40 pm »
thanks jourk, will try this weekend to get it up and running. you are so full of good ideas! had a good look at the kegs not bad idea but have back pack now so will peservere.again many thanks
paul

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:58 pm »
no problem paul thanks jouk45 ;D

johnny_h

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 11:27:34 pm »
hi guys i called robert at hampshire brewing about the kegs really helpful guy though im not sure how i'd attatch the compressor to the " in " valve ! any ideas?? 
AUDI VIDE TACE

jouk45

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 11:35:19 pm »
the compressor already has the attatchment on it.  also it has diffrent valve stems to change if need be. robert said he could put an attatchment that would be suitable on the keg,    and if all fails you could start home brewing  ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 12:20:03 am »
homebrew uses co2 canisters for pressure I wonder how long a canister would last ?
fermentation also produces co2 could we clean windows and make beer now that would be a result ;D ;) 
Sussex by the sea

jouk45

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 12:37:42 am »
co2 if injected into normal water cleans glass very simular as ro water, co2 is involed in a lot of cleaning now,