dazmond

gaps appearing in round now!!
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:33:37 am »
after 10 months wfp im earning more in less time with all work straight up with only one days work left to do this week! ;) ;D

im waiting in for my new van signs which are much larger than my current ones plus its blowing a gale out there!! ;) ;D

dont get me wrong 320 customers keep me busy most months but what did you guys who changed over from trad to wfp do when the gaps starting appearing?enjoy the extra time off or went out chasing new work?

im picking up the odd new customer through recommendation and word of mouth but its a bit slow at the moment.

im going to get a pressure sprayer from B&Q  for applying tfr for dirty fascia/soffit/conny roof cleans and push this a bit more for existing customers.

all new regular window cleaning work that not right next to other work is put on 8 weekly at a good price.

be interesting to hear what you guys did.

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Mike55

Re: gaps appearing in round now!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:01 am »
Hi Daz,

slightly off topic but... where did you get your new van mags?  I have the ones from vistaprint but am after some larger ones.

Cheers, Mike

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
hi mike google signbuilders.

i designed my own online then ordered them last tuesday.got a text and email off them yesterday saying they would be delivered today.

2 full side panel magnets and one for the back door.

came to £98 with VAT and delivery.

hope this helps

regards

dazmond

Mike55

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:27:43 am »
Cheers Daz I will look into that.

mark blundell

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:59:37 pm »
i got my sign writing from them it turned up this morning and all fitted to the van looks great
the only down side i would say is i had pictures of my logo and the colouring isn't quite right but can ger away with it on the smaller ones.
also because you chose the van colour on there website my logo is surrounded with the van colour white and it isn't the same shade of white as the van again this is ok with the smaller ones but i had my logo right across the bonnet of my transit i offered it up and it just looked silly a big bright white square with my logo in it so i just missed that one out. other than that looks great   

Wc Solutions

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »
get some pics on here daz! very interested to see how good they are

mark blundell

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 04:34:35 pm »
here are a couple of pics of mine

Dave66

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 04:55:26 pm »
just enjoy the time off...it's not not all about work  :)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »
Dazmond,

I suspect you already know the two possibilities.  More work (so more money) or more free time (and the same money).

None of us can answer that one for you, but I'm glad you have the luxury to choose, having watched you move through from utterly uncertain a year or so ago to fervent convert now.

Vin

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »
my pics wont upload for some reason!!very frustrating!! >:( >:( >:(

van magnets are fantastic!!can see me coming a mile away now!!went out and bought a 5L PRESSURE SPRAYER from b & q and bought a car stereo with ipod option for the van! :D :D

so its been a good day off!!back at it tommorrow though weather permitting!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »
after 10 months wfp im earning more in less time with all work straight up with only one days work left to do this week! ;) ;D

im waiting in for my new van signs which are much larger than my current ones plus its blowing a gale out there!! ;) ;D

dont get me wrong 320 customers keep me busy most months but what did you guys who changed over from trad to wfp do when the gaps starting appearing?enjoy the extra time off or went out chasing new work?

im picking up the odd new customer through recommendation and word of mouth but its a bit slow at the moment.

im going to get a pressure sprayer from B&Q  for applying tfr for dirty fascia/soffit/conny roof cleans and push this a bit more for existing customers.

all new regular window cleaning work that not right next to other work is put on 8 weekly at a good price.

be interesting to hear what you guys did.

best wishes to you all

dazmond

Once I had been around the circuit a few times  with WFP, I realised that my 6 weekly round could be done in 3.5 weeks.  It was fun at first.  I had three holidays in the first year due to all the time off.  Then I reckoned I ought to start repaying my debts a bit more quickly so started getting more work.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:48 pm »
got no debts!payed em all off a few years ago! ;) ;D ;D

will be off to barbados in august then new york for a few days.all in all around 3 weeks off!!then planning on going away for a week at the end of may!

so better not get too much new work unless im replacing some!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 08:03:23 pm »
Daz, split the difference get a little bit more work and enjoy a little bit of time off, or keep spare days to catch up when weather's too bad to work :'(

Springs around the corner you'l soon pick up new custy's, how many more do you need?

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »
Go for it fill gaps get a 2nd pump employ someone clean in it half the time and conquer Manchester ! :D