Mike Burd

Advertising to clean eggs off windows.
« on: October 31, 2021, 08:52:54 am »
What’s the worst job you took as a new starter and desperate?

windowswashed

Re: Advertising to clean eggs off windows.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 10:23:14 am »
In the past I have found schoolteachers to be the most victimised with trick or treat egged windows from past experience.

I've also found the best pads for cleaning egg off windows using wfp is blue steel, (stainless in polyester) pads, easier than bronze wool.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 11:48:52 am »
I got a call from a very good customer last week so I went out the next day to clean the egg off the side of her weatherboard and a couple of windows,I couldn’t work it out I think they must have upset the neighbours kids or similar because they are doing a quiet road.
I used very hot water and Ubix it didn’t touch it I had to do it all by hand with Ubix and bronze wools pads and it came straight off with a couple of scrubs,forget trying to get that off with hot WFP let alone cold it won’t shift it you need to get up and get hands on I’m afraid.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 11:51:06 am »
The actual glass panes it came off with hot water but the surrounding timber didn’t want to know really,it moved some of it but to remove the stain it had made I needed to bronze wool it.

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 12:34:50 pm »
I got a call from a very good customer last week so I went out the next day to clean the egg off the side of her weatherboard and a couple of windows,I couldn’t work it out I think they must have upset the neighbours kids or similar because they are doing a quiet road.
I used very hot water and Ubix it didn’t touch it I had to do it all by hand with Ubix and bronze wools pads and it came straight off with a couple of scrubs,forget trying to get that off with hot WFP let alone cold it won’t shift it you need to get up and get hands on I’m afraid.

Disagree with NWH, it will come off using blue steel pads using cold wfp and a few extra scrubs, I can swear by that! Bronze wool isn't half as effective as stainless steel in polyester, can verify that too.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 12:40:23 pm »
I’m not saying won’t come off with your blue pads I’m saying that I had to get up and do it by hand it would have taken ages just by using WFP,If you try and get egg off just using the pole good luck.

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 12:50:49 pm »
If using wfp hot or cold to remove egg without first applying chemicals to soften the egg is a nightmare and quicker to go up a ladder, I agree with that.
I'm fortunate, I keep a wfp brush that allows me to insert pads of different types for removing awkward things such as egg thrown on glass using a wfp brush with three or four extra scrubs safely from the ground. Removes the egg on UPVC frames as well as the glass but wouldn't like to use it on wooden frames as it will more than likely take the paint off too, what's the safest or most practical solution? who knows!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 03:55:18 pm »
If it’s lower down it’s easier I find anyway to go over with hot WFP and then do it by hand,UPV isn’t a of a problem with hot water but timber and rendered walls can be.