Steven Butler

Finally took the plunge
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:36:47 pm »
I've known a few of you now since day one, I started whilst employed at weekends on a good wage 4/5 years ago. At first as you all know it's quiet, very quiet, obviously a successful business is largely down to marketing. As I've got slightly busier I've spent more on marketing, then as I've got even busier I've done the same rather than pi$$ing the money away. The fear of losing the regular income when you have a family is quite worrying.  I've got to the point where I physically cannot have employment alongside my business so have now left. My marketing budget is high now but my turnover also is, proud of what I have done but still a major move for me.

tim handley

Re: Finally took the plunge
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 02:02:55 pm »
Well done mate. You will be fine. You have the right attitude

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:57:56 pm »
Well done you for preplanning your trip into the ranks of non lottery funded employment ! Keep marketing like a dripping tap you need to keep those enquiries coming and great saying told to me 25 years ago, its not what you take ,its what you make! All the best. Simon

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »
Well done, big decision but I'm sure you know what you are doing. Myself, I came out of 9 years army service, suddenly with no income, out of our married quarter to an area we didn't know. No money in fact a Naffi debt. Scraped to get some leaflets printed, get a couple of quick jobs off them to buy more leaflets and a few more jobs. Never went out or even had a beer for over two years, using my car for work. However after two years things began to improve. Some rocky, very rocky times came and went over the years. Then from portables to one of the most powerful TM's and set up in the UK and now here we are 38 years later.  With determination you will get there.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."