fenscouse

ro setup
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »
hi

I am currently trying to setup my ro unit but am having a bit of trouble. I am connecting a 100 gpd ro system to an outside tap which after going through the ro unit goes into 2 200 litre butts. I think i need to use a bit of copper from the tap to connect the small red hose but am not entirely sure how. I would be grateful if someone could put a few pictures on here to show me how they have done theres from the tap connection to the pipes going into the butts so i can see if im doing it right. also can you connect the small hose from the ro unit to normal hospipe as i need it longer???? ???

thank you for your time and help.  ;D

welmac

Re: ro setup
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:45:51 pm »
you should be able to get some tap connectors/adaptors from whoever supplied you your unit. these thread onto your outside tap and then your small red pipe/tubing should just push into the push fit on the other side.

hope this helps!

WELMAC - Gary

(if you do get stuck i will be able to supply you some of these if you let me know what size tubing you have on your RO)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:16:53 pm »
have a look on our site we supply ro to hozelock type connectors that will connect to an outside tap or to a hose pipe.

Alex Gardiner
www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

steve smith

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:03:17 pm »
Hi

Take a look at the link, these are what i bought to connect the red pipe to an outside tap think its the 3/8 one near the bottom,   

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php/cPath/25_40

I have just altered mine as i have moved house, i have a standard 1/2 inch hose on the outside tap about 10ft, then a reducer going into the 3/8 pipe and a couple of jubilee clips holding it, had no problems at all with this, been using it around 3 months now.

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:38:23 pm »
I got my tap connector from Ro-man. They do everything you need. Hose is cheap , if you need longer buy more or you can get a connecter.
Its not easy when you first start, if you get problems just ask on the forum. I did and I always got help.