awl

can you??????
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:15:04 pm »
hi to you all.

we were wondering, can you use wfp in the rain????;D
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.

jouk45

Re: can you??????
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:37:29 pm »
yes you can work in the rain, but a lot of the customers dont like it done, plus you still get drenched,  ;D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:14:33 pm »
We always work in the rain, unless its torrential downpour.

Some customers will ask to leave it until next month but speaking, only from our own experience, most of the customers are fine about it.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

awl

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:57:36 pm »
We always work in the rain, unless its torrential downpour.

Some customers will ask to leave it until next month but speaking, only from our own experience, most of the customers are fine about it.

Best wishes,

Trev
thanks to  you.

didnt know if the rain water would effect the distilled water  you use on the windows, we are changing over to wfp  hopefully in september.
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:50:35 pm »
Well to be honest I look at it like this.

If you're cleaning Traditional and it rains when you walk away no doubt some of the rain hits the glass.

So in the same respect, when I WFP the glass and walk away the same will happen.

The only bonus using WFP in the rain is you can clean leaded without using scrim and leaving lots of horrible smears everywhere like you would traditionally.

Best of luck,

Trev

p.s. if you want any help with the set up/working the gear etc.. or a day out using the system let me know, sure I can oblige.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:43:05 pm »
Never really had a problem wfp in the rain.

I have only had 1 person cancel as far as i can remember because it was raining.
The marks she was complaining about wasn't from wfp but from the vent in the wall next to her conservatory from her boiler.

Only time i won't work is if it's chucking it down.

Craig

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:39:55 pm »
Well to be honest I look at it like this.

If you're cleaning Traditional and it rains when you walk away no doubt some of the rain hits the glass.

So in the same respect, when I WFP the glass and walk away the same will happen.

The only bonus using WFP in the rain is you can clean leaded without using scrim and leaving lots of horrible smears everywhere like you would traditionally.

Best of luck,

Trev

And because you are not leaving a film of soap behind with wfp, the nearly pure rain water has nothing to mix with, so you will still have a clean window when the rain water has dried.