jouk45

diy hot water vessel,
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:59:08 pm »
i was looking at this gas urn, and thought it has a lot of potential as a hot water system for wfp work,   it has thermostate control,   also refills with water automaticly from your tanks,    and you can have a cup of tea anytime lol. ;D
but seriously i think this would work with a little conversion, save you thousands of pounds,

link here http://www.ceonline.co.uk/product.php?id=369

Trevor Knight

Re: diy hot water vessel,
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:07:44 pm »
I think in principle this is a good idea, my only concern is for that amount of money how long will it last with supporting a 650ltr tank that in the winter will be on the go every day?

I would be surprised if it was still working after a couple of months heating up that amount of water?

best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 01:21:39 pm »
trevor it runs on  gas, will last for years, if the thermostate goes you can get a new one, dont think much can go wrong with it, also the thermstate would be at its lowest not at boiling point, so would warm up much quicker,

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:42:56 pm »
Sorry,

I thought by the spec and the black lead coming out of the back of the boiler it was electric.

If you think its a goer then I would be interested in your development of this as I am sure other will be too.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

pt

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:22:32 pm »
Are you sure its gas ?  :-\