jinky230

why are the first 4 topics always there
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:57:50 pm »
guys was just wonering why the first 4 topics are always at the top of the site even when no one has added to the topic

I noticed one of the topics regards the concept, which is good advertising for them,but if you are going to do this then why not do it for rm123 andrew mc cann and peter fogwill, give everyone a fair crack, also I think the topic on diy projects should also be at the start of the forum as well

what is other members views on this subject

jinky

jinky230

Re: why are the first 4 topics always there
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:59:52 pm »
sorry JM instead of RM in the above post
jinky

JM123

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:02:37 pm »
Yeah, get it right wud u, huh ;D ;D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jinky230

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:04:06 pm »
sorry JM never had the glasses on 8)

JM123

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:08:12 pm »
Only kidding, seriously though I agree, not that I'm looking for a lot of free advertising as most folks on the forum are on the mainland, I'm in Northern Ireland so the postage can be scary sometimes.  But it does seem that there is an element of partiality - I'd love to know how concept, Ionics etc build better systems than us smaller builders, in fact, if anyone wants to go down the threads to jm123 look at this message and take a look at one of our smaller budget systems and tell me how a concept thingy is any better, for the same money you could have 2 of our systems.

Ballymena N.I

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:10:20 pm »
jinky your right in saying that, becouse sarah sugested a while ago to put diy trolley pics at the top of the site, it lasted a couple of months, now its caput, why

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:10:42 pm »
but if you are going to do this then why not do it for rm123 andrew mc cann and peter fogwill

Because they don't sponsor the site.

jinky230

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:16:09 pm »
have you asked Mike if the suppliers would donate  you might be happily surprised

jinky

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:19:27 pm »
hi mike, maybe i am speaking out of text, but do you realy need the sponsors, after all you have the largest window cleaning forum in the uk , am sure they need you more

JM123

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:25:15 pm »
no mike does need sponsors - websites (commercial) aren't free.  But how much would it take to get a sticky at the top of the forum - above concept2o.

Ballymena N.I

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:14 pm »
hi mike, maybe i am speaking out of text, but do you realy need the sponsors, after all you have the largest window cleaning forum in the uk , am sure they need you more

We have to strike the right balance. We need to pay for the site (and people probably don't realise how much money that costs) which we do through exposure, and ultimately from sales to members,  but at the same time we don't want to fill the site with adverts. Members will make their own minds up whether they're happy with the balance or not. We are!

Regards

Mike

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:32 pm »
mike if you are a fair guy, and I am sure you are, you would not question the cash and allow these guys to come to the front of the forum, and let the punters judge for themselves on the different systems

I am sure your integrity will not prevail you

jinky

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 11:36:04 pm »
mike we realy do miss the diy trolley  thread that use to sit at the top of the forum, and the views where very high, i think it was situated at the right place, we have asked for it back, but fallen on deaf ears, so please mick can we have it back where it belongs thanks jouk45

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52:48 pm »
What Mike means is, him the owner of this site sells the systems that are advertised at the top of the page.  These forums do take quite a bit of money to run, imagine the bandwidth that this site uses up in a month.  Fair play to him, the money has to come from somewhere.

I personally never look at sticky topics that are placed at the top of nearly every forum you come across.

Peter

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 12:02:24 am »
peter you dont need to look at it as you already have the knowlege, but hundreds of new comers need the information badly, even if they do build their own systems, they still need the accessories, and spare parts,   that go with the trolley systems, and that means sales for you guys,

jinky230

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:57 am »
Hi peter well explained and I hope mike does not get upset with this subject

but we are always given newbees a legup, and I thought mike could do the same for the small suppliers.If there was a comparison maybe other window cleaners would compare the systems to concept and see advantages that the concept might have and spend their cash that direction, so hay it could work to your advantage mike,But please do not take offend as I said above, it was not intended, but basically stating a fact

yours jinky

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 12:38:01 am »
Jinky,  Mike is quite fair with other suppliers, he lets us post on here and talk about our stuff.  I do know of other forums that sell advertising space to sponsors, that don't even allow people like me to discuss our products unless we pay for the privilege.  Having said that there has not been a post on one of them for over two weeks.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 12:42:01 am »
peter you dont need to look at it as you already have the knowlege, but hundreds of new comers need the information badly, even if they do build their own systems, they still need the accessories, and spare parts,   that go with the trolley systems, and that means sales for you guys,

Jouk, you can give the message a lift every now and again by adding to the post. 

People will find the stuff they need and the suppliers to supply it, by either asking, or reading what others are typing.

Peter

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 12:57:58 am »
peter i am not a supplier, yet you would not believe the emails i recieve from new comers asking me this and that, am more than happy to help out no end, and if your a beginer at wfp you need all the information you can get,  recently i have read replys from experienced wfp to beginers, believe it or not,    Come back when you are ready,????           after asking a question, i refer them to you, and other suppliers, if the product is sold by you,     new commers dont know how to look up diy trolleys here in the forum,   becouse they dont know it exists,

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 01:21:04 am »
I see what your saying Jouk but at the end of the day it is up to Mike what goes where. 

You can't really blame him for not wanting a post in a prominent position that could effect his sales. 

I mentioned earlier about the bandwidth, apart from that you have to pay search engines or promoters to get the newbies to find the forum in the first place.  Now it would be silly to pay to get someone to your site just to have them directed away to another suppliers website.

Although I let anyone discuss other peoples products on my forum, I wouldn't make a post sticky that was pointing to other suppliers websites and products.

Peter