DI Units: a quick question...
« on: June 19, 2006, 08:08:13 pm »
If I wanted to produce, say 50 litres of pure-water quickly from a customers tap, what sort of DI vessel would you reccomend and where would I purchase it from?

Since I would only have to use this on rare occassions, I'm after a 'cost-effective' solution (read CHEAP).

Resin is no object; I've loads of it.

Regards,

Tosh

Re: DI Units: a quick question...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:42:59 pm »
Try June at Gapswater Tosh

http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/Vessel_complete_with_head_riser_and_screens.html

Either the 12 x6 or 18 x6 would do the job fine for you.

Cheers

Andrew

JM123

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:23:44 pm »
gotta agree with andrew, def go for an 11ltr di vessel, convenient, easy to refill and yet holds plenty of res.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:35:38 pm »
If you just use a DI vessel connected to an outside tap does it matter what the tap water pressure is going through the vessel?

Craig

JM123

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:50 pm »
tap pressure and flow rate are 2 different things - the pressure rating of the 11ltr vessels is 100psi I think - well above most people's water pressure - as for flow rate, as lon as the resin is reasonably new then no it won't matter (generally)

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:50:55 pm »
Just wondered if the water was pushed through the resin too quick, would the resin work properly thats all.

Craig

JM123

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:40:59 am »
it should work fine - the water would have to go through so quick that it's nearly unfeasible.

why don't you just fill up the tank with tap water and draw it through the di vessel to the pump - you'll need a strainer to stop resin from entering the pump.

Ballymena N.I