Peter Fogwill

Re: pole
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 10:25:26 pm »
Thanks Jeff,

BTW is the little black toggle on yours still working fine?  It is just that now I replace the standard pin that goes through the toggle with a new much stronger one.  What was happening was if the brush took a hit from the top it was bending the little pin.  Maybe yours is more protected on your brush, but if you do have trouble with it let me know and I will send you a new one.

Peter

jinky230

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 10:50:29 pm »
jm the hose is on the  cleantech site about a pound a metre

had a look on the brodex site, like the idea of the metal base cap i have an extender pole and the plastic cap has been held with everything from silicone to aradite and it still falls off, maybe a thing other manufacturers good learn from them

jinky

JM123

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 10:57:33 pm »
Hi Jinky, thanks, wasn't sure if it was coplexol or not, yeah the alloy cap is very nice, sure does look after the pole really well - slight problem (I'm being impartial here, don't forget I supply these poles) the base cap can really make a mess of customers cars!  Ours are all gaffer taped at the bottom to stop the scraping - ouch! :'(
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

master cleaner

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:29 pm »
hi jinky
the hose has to be threaded through the pole but unlike other poles the sections have no stops on them so they just slide out of each other so you can change the size of the pole in, well i will time myself in the next few days, but i would recon it would take no more than 10mins maybe 5 i will take some photos for you , explain what you want photos of .
i have been wfp for 8 months and i would still do it the way i have , a mate of mine has just bought a cheap 24ft pole and i have felt it and it is very heavy compared to the facelift also the diametre of his pole is a lot thicker than mine , i couldnt work with his pole all day but i could with the facelift 24ft or 30

the weight of his 24ft pole inc brush is 3.78kg
the weight of the facelift 30ft inc brush is 3.39kg
if i use it as a 24ft it weighs inc brush 2.84kg

the extra cost save me back ache so to me it is worth it but it might not be for everyone.

i started with the extender 18ft pole £100 very very light i still use it daily and would say to newcomers to try that one first to save cash but the facelift 18ft is even lighter than the extender , i think it all boils down to preference and as with me, age, as im not getting any younger ( i am looking younger though ;D ;D )

thanx
gary

jinky230

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 12:19:35 am »
gary thanks for the info, and I think that facelift should make this a point of telling people that they have open bottoms for connecting additional pole sections, but most site love to show you the goose neck of the poles and only take pictures of this part on their websites, jm123 has loaded his poles up with great pics and it is about time other suppliers did the same so that we may see the products in the flesh and judge the differences, so come on suppliers if your products are that good get the pics up and let us judge. The proof is in the pudding

jinky

master cleaner

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 07:02:21 pm »
hi jinky i actually asked facelift to put me a plastic adjustable neck on the end of the pole instead of the gooseneck so that all my brushes would fit ,

gary

Mick (UHPS)

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 10:41:35 pm »
hi jinky i actually asked facelift to put me a plastic adjustable neck on the end of the pole instead of the gooseneck so that all my brushes would fit ,

gary

I have this pole as well 29 ft carbon fitted with the plastic adaptor for a domestic brush rather than a goose neck and commercial brush...its the dogs bollics ;D ;D. Like Gary has said the poles are a good fit in to each other and dont have the plastic guides at the bottom of each section. Therefore they can have sections added and taken away very easily.

Mick

abacus

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 11:01:22 pm »
 Hi jinky
Ihave three different sized poles for dirrerent hights the 60' opole is thankfully not used much but has got me contracts I would not have got otherwise and so does pay for itself i that way . this works for me as I have some contracts which I have to call in some others to help with hence I need the poles
I take your point though and do agree that the prices a a little top heavey in some cases, however though some companies have clearly gone ott on the prices others do try to give value for money brought some hose reel from chick the other day london based very competative price very quick service del price good too.
these I have seen on others sites up to £20.00 more?
It boils down to wether or not the prices we can get from our customers allows us to pay these prices I would say that if prices rise much more the domestic market could be set back  however a decision by H&S to bad ladder work could see a sharp rise in prices making it a very viable market  overnight
manafactures should be aware though that if prices are seen to be to high people will start to barstardise other products to cut cost and this will not be good for the industry as a whole

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved