andyM

Re: not today because of the fish
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:26 pm »
Lol .. I have a similar case she wants to be in doesn't want to unlock gate as she has a swimming pool and says if she unbolted the gate from the rear a child could find out jump into her freezing water and drown therefore pls skip this time and come next time or come at 2.45pm... At the moment I'm gritting my teeth to be honest I am subbing this job out as I don't have time for her but regardless I would like all my work to be good not just my days little does she know once I start canvassing again will be the first to drop but before I do ill lay the law down as she might give in always good to give them a final option

You could advise her to fit a night latch lock to her gate if you wanted to keep doing the job or can be bothered with her.
When you are finished and are ready to leave you just engage the button so that when you close the gate it locks.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRADITIONAL-NIGHT-LATCH-DOOR-LOCK-SECURITY-NIGHTLATCH-/260765737942?pt=UK_HaG_Lock_Safes_GL&hash=item3cb6d963d6

One of the Plebs

mgba_78

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »
Well if he has a Koi pond he will want to keep them behind a locked gate if they are decent specimens!
I have heard of a few Koi ponds being emptied of fish and some people (not me)  have fish worth several thousand pounds each!
Oooooo that is shiny!!

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »
My most stupid reason was that they were having a stair-lift fitted.

And it was a bungalow?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:57 am »
Lol .. I have a similar case she wants to be in doesn't want to unlock gate as she has a swimming pool and says if she unbolted the gate from the rear a child could find out jump into her freezing water and drown therefore pls skip this time and come next time or come at 2.45pm... At the moment I'm gritting my teeth to be honest I am subbing this job out as I don't have time for her but regardless I would like all my work to be good not just my days little does she know once I start canvassing again will be the first to drop but before I do ill lay the law down as she might give in always good to give them a final option

You could advise her to fit a night latch lock to her gate if you wanted to keep doing the job or can be bothered with her.
When you are finished and are ready to leave you just engage the button so that when you close the gate it locks.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRADITIONAL-NIGHT-LATCH-DOOR-LOCK-SECURITY-NIGHTLATCH-/260765737942?pt=UK_HaG_Lock_Safes_GL&hash=item3cb6d963d6

Thanks haha I'm sure she knows its fine to unbolt the bottom bolt and keep the top one bolted no one will jump in her silly pool cos she unlocked the gate in the morning its just a controll thing she wants to be 100% in controll and have the main fence clean price she won't have it her way for ever..