UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Moving furniture

(1/3) > >>

BeeClean:
Without going 'off topic' in another discussion ::) do many of you move furniture for your customers ??? if not do you make an exception for oaps ???

Dynafoam:
BC,

I always remove & replace most furniture. Exceptions being items which might be damaged by moveing (filled wardrobes, weak bookcases) and the real hernia-makers.

I ask only that the customer removes small toys ( ever picked up 1000 odd pieces of lego?) and sugest that they might feel happier if they themselves find a safe home for the 'ming vase'.

When the customer trys to help you often find all the furniture piled up at the far end of the lounge - the very bit you wish to clean first  :(

Johns' first two laws of furniture removal:

1] Ensure safety of article, contents and of John.
2] Never move any item much further than its' own base-size.

John.

HolmansUKLTD:
Same here i ask my clients to remove small breakables and i move the basics 3pce tables chairs, tv's etc.
It seems latley that with these big 32" screens dvd's playstations the clients dont want me to move them because of all the wires, so i usually take the price off for that area, simple really!! ::)

Ken Wainwright:
Same as John and Nick. Except I don't discount for items not moved. In reality, by the time you've vacced around and often under the furniture, been extra cautious not to overspray with tlc, miserably failed and had to quickly wipe off the excess and maybe buffed up the saponified wax polish, it would have been easier and quicker to have moved the item in the first place. Come to think of it, after reading my own posting, perhaps I should charge more for working around the furniture ;)

Safe and happy cleaning
Ken

John_Flynn:
What more can one say??

The two previous posts say it all.

Men after my own heart, (not many of us left lads).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version