UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Light shampoo cleaning will do

(1/3) > >>

MartinJH:
In all jobs, its the response from the customer that is the key to success.

And its amazing the number of people who have thought about having a carpet cleaned but have gone no further.  I'm one of them.  Then I stumbeled upon this site.

I have recently ordered a shampooing machine and most I have told either want to borrow it or have a free demonstration.  If this level of interest can be taken as for real (As I belive it is) then there is money to be made in a house vacum and shampoo.  I understand that it is not the full professional clean offered by others, but then again a carpet is peoples pride and joy, Its the first thing that visitors see, so sucking out the top level of dirt will (I presupose) do.

So if i'm to sell this sort of service, then how can I make customers realistic in terms of what can be achived with a highstreet cleaning system?

Derek:
Hi Martin

I will let you into a little secret...

If you go into a customers house with equipment that they can get hold of themselves then you have immediately put yourself at a sales disadvantage.
Part of the business of carpet and upholstery cleaning is the mystic that is attached to it.

If you are seriously going into this business then do it right...

Best of luck

Regards
Derek

MartinJH:
Thank you for your reply

From a stand point of selling, could the mystery be in the cleaning liquids used?  After all, is it not the expertise that is sold, as well as clean carpets. ???

I work for a firm that supplies lots of the stuff in a unique outlet and have see the difference between the products.  

Selling this kind of information makes the machine a mute point, does it not?

It could also be said, that if I can make enough money out of enough customers, I could then afford to buy something made out of aluminium rather than plasic.

How did you start off?

Derek:
Hi Martin

I started off very much in the same way as yourself and I suspect most people do likewise.
I have yet to meet 'anyone' who decided, at school, that they would be a cleaner by choice...it would seem that we have all drifted into the profession.

I have learned most of my lessons either the hard way or listening to others mistakes.

Decide what you want to do, research and cost your requirements, be realistic.

A little story..... A friend of mine had an old Sherpa van, it was yellow (ish) and rust coloured. We talked him into buying a newer second hand Transit which he reluctantly did after much persuasion.
The response he got from his existing customers was eye opening, with comments like "You've finally got rid of that old van then".

Have a good clean signwritten van (clean inside as well as out and of course tidy.... can you resist not looking into a van which has an open door...of course not)

Have good clean kit, get yourself a uniform of some kind (Alexandras).... You will begin to feel more confident and this will, in turn, give your customers confidence in you.

Training...important...as the NCCA says you 'should treat training as an investment NOT an expense'

I hope that this helps

Kind regards
Derek

Mike_Boxall:
Hi Martin
Just out of curiosity, what machine do you have?
Regards
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version