Smudger

Re: Loncin engines
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2024, 09:53:20 pm »
you know you can repair them....
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »
Machine arrived today, pulled trigger and wasnt expecting the power lol

absoloute beast must have took me all of 10 mins to clean my 4 x 7 metre driveway

One question though is there a best way to start the machine ? i seemed to take a few pulls each time and wasnt sure if i should be starting it up with or without the prime valve open ? or wouldnt it matter

thanks

zesty

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 06:22:14 pm »

absoloute beast must have took me all of 10 mins to clean my 4 x 7 metre driveway

One question though is there a best way to start the machine ? i seemed to take a few pulls each time and wasnt sure if i should be starting it up with or without the prime valve open ? or wouldnt it matter

thanks

Do you mean the water release valve? To take the pressure off the pump? If so, always open it when starting. Really not easy to restart it when the pump is full of water.

I nearly always put the choke on for restarts as well, even if just by half. Gets it going within a pull or two everytime.

They are powerful, try putting a 15 degree nozzle on at full wack, gives a good bit of push back!

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2024, 08:55:45 pm »

thanks

Do you mean the water release valve? To take the pressure off the pump? If so, always open it when starting. Really not easy to restart it when the pump is full of water.

I nearly always put the choke on for restarts as well, even if just by half. Gets it going within a pull or two everytime.

They are powerful, try putting a 15 degree nozzle on at full wack, gives a good bit of push back!

yes the ball valve thing that lets the water out, thought that was to prime the pump and get any air out....

That might be where i was going wrong, i think i was starting it with it closed.

zesty

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2024, 09:15:39 pm »

thanks

yes the ball valve thing that lets the water out, thought that was to prime the pump and get any air out....

That might be where i was going wrong, i think i was starting it with it closed.

It’s mainly to make it easier to start, open it each time, then shut as soon as it running.

It does help bleed air, but only really on the initial start up. After that, it needs to be open to make it easier to pull the cord!