shammy davis jnr

Soft water Area Di resin change
« on: July 11, 2020, 07:25:03 pm »
OK guy as you may know I am new to wfp and have been using Di vessels and being going great guns tds from tap usually around 18 to 22 and put it through small Di vessel to my tank from fill usually comes out 0 even before tank, what I'm asking  guys esp ones In a soft water Area how often should resin be changed  I have being doing this for. Arounqd ten weeks now and it's starting to rise to about 12 coming out Di vessel pre tank but Di to brush in van still brings it to 0ppm
Do I change all Di filters 2 in van and the one I use as a pre treatment from tap before tank, our all 3 and keep it that way as part of a maintenance program,,  just not sure beat way to be honest but I'm sure you guys will know,, our is it worth  investing in say a 25ltr resign vessel before van fill streight from tap? Just needing a point in right direction plz

davids3511

Re: Soft water Area Di resin change
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 08:30:13 pm »
It's very hard to answer exactly as tap TDS and litres per day is different for everyone. I double di before the van and have no di on the van. Once the TDS starts creeping up I refill the  Di vessel after tap with fresh resin.  So I have tap--di 1---di 2---van tank with the fresh resin in di 2. Once tds rises di 1 is removed and refilled, di 2 becomes di 1 and fresh di becomes di 2. Hope that makes some sense.

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 10:31:18 pm »
I use double DI.

I change the resin once the TDS of my first DI vessel is the same as or above the TDS of my tap water.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 04:34:07 pm »
I keep it simple....I DI straight into my tank after work(takes around 30 mins to fill my 500L tank)....I have no DI in the van....

I use a 25l  single vessel which lasts around  4 months before double DI for a bit with a smaller vessel when it starts to creep up before going back to a single vessel
price higher/work harder!