UK Contract Cleaning Forum > Contract Cleaning Forum

How to charge per hr

(1/1)

kcscleaning:
I have the opportunity of pricing a new contract I wondering what to charge per hour

I want to pay my staff 9.20 per hr

The contract for 30 man hours per day ,7 days a week, cleaning during opening hours 0630 til 2300  its a brand new sports complex.

Smudger:
I expect to get 4x per hour what i pay my guys - but this window cleaning

I have been told that contract cleaning runs differently and to expect 2x  - I don't know if this is helpful or close to the mark for me that is too low I would expect a minimum of 3x on an ongoing contract so £27 to £30 p/h  to even make it worth it

Darran

GeorgeP:

--- Quote from: kcscleaning on May 03, 2021, 06:01:52 pm ---I have the opportunity of pricing a new contract I wondering what to charge per hour

I want to pay my staff 9.20 per hr

The contract for 30 man hours per day ,7 days a week, cleaning during opening hours 0630 til 2300  its a brand new sports complex.

--- End quote ---

We dont do this type of cleaning, so the following is from clients I speak to. These sort of size contracts = 30 man hours * 7 days = 210 hrs a week, is likely to be based around minimum wage, plus a working supervisor on a little more like £9.20.  Add up the hourly rate, then add on 27% - 30% for holidays, pension etc and that should be some where near wage costs. Then add on any consumables per year and split that per hour worked. From what ive learned from others, they will expect to be paying around £13.50 - £15.00 per hour + consumables. Hope this helps a little

kcscleaning:
Thank very helpful info

dustee:
£23 / £25 per hr anything less is suicidal , after all you're running a business not a charity

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version