The Jester of Wibbly

Record hot day tommorow.
« on: July 24, 2019, 07:20:34 am »
Going to peak at 39 degrees in parts tomorrow. Going to be tough going.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

Re: Record hot day tommorow.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 07:22:37 am »
Iv finished today for nearly 2 weeks  :D

andyM

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 07:31:10 am »

Yeah it's crazy.
Yesterday was bad enough and it got up to 32c.
But apparently us window cleaners are supposed to like working in it?   
One of the Plebs

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:38:29 am »
well i cant wait to go out today and tomorrow, yipee window cleaning in 30 degrees  ???

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:20 am »
you guys are so lucky !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

andyM

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:55 am »
well i cant wait to go out today and tomorrow, yipee window cleaning in 30 degrees  ???

Im ready!

One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 08:29:54 am »

Yeah it's crazy.
Yesterday was bad enough and it got up to 32c.
But apparently us window cleaners are supposed to like working in it?   

my thread was posted yesterday morning before it got too hot..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 08:35:19 am »

most people who really suffer in hot weather are old people and people that are generally not physically fit,eat a poor diet,dont drink enough water and are not prepared with hat,sunglasses,sun cream etc.....

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 08:44:35 am »
35 tomorrow, thats looking dodgy. I've been known to  do building site labouring in Israel where the temp was 40°C laying block paving.

Im going to give it a go tomorrow but unsure how that'll pan out as Im not as fit as I used to be .......

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 08:51:39 am »
35 tomorrow, thats looking dodgy. I've been known to  do building site labouring in Israel where the temp was 40°C laying block paving.

Im going to give it a go tomorrow but unsure how that'll pan out as Im not as fit as I used to be .......

im sure you ll be fine matt......your an avid cyclist arent you?

to be fair 35c is hot!i dont think its gonna get that hot here in the north west but wont be far behind(32c).....i only work short days anyway so i should be done by 3pm

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 10:35:23 am »
I’ll be alright ...... I’m taking an apple to work!
🍎

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 10:52:38 am »
Was going to say that today is the last day of work for me this week until Monday and so I can chill with family Thursday.  Sadly I'm out of water and so will be working tomoro instead now, but should be fine
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 11:35:01 am »
Going back to cold water for few days.  Quick splash a few times is worth turning hot off.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Pete Thompson

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 11:45:33 am »
Here’s my pro tip, been doing it for a few months when it’s hot:

Put a bottle of water in the freezer, and another 2 in the fridge overnight ( like a 1.5 litre Evian  or Buxton or whatever)

Then, in the morning take all 3 (2 cold and 1 frozen).

For the first hour, drink one of the cold ones. By about 11am, about 25% of the frozen bottle will have melted, drink this ice cold water, it’s like heaven.

Then keep refilling the frozen bottle from the others. After a few minutes in the (now semi frozen) bottle, the refilled water gets ice cold.

During the day the ice gradually melts, but as long as there is some ice left the refilled water will be cooled by it.

You can keep drinking and refilling this for a full days supply of ice cold water.

Your welcome.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 03:38:54 pm »

Put a bottle of water in the freezer, and another 2 in the fridge overnight ( like a 1.5 litre Evian  or Buxton or whatever)

For the first hour, drink one of the cold ones. By about 11am, about 25% of the frozen bottle will have melted, drink this ice cold water, it’s like heaven.

Then keep refilling the frozen bottle from the others. After a few minutes in the (now semi frozen) bottle, the refilled water gets ice cold.

During the day the ice gradually melts, but as long as there is some ice left the refilled water will be cooled by it.

You can keep drinking and refilling this for a full days supply of ice cold water.

Your welcome.

Great tip

Except if you are up north you can't afford evian or Buxton so will have to use asda own brand or similar

andyM

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 03:44:42 pm »
Just got home and now im chilling by the fan..... with just my pants on.
'Tis a sight to behold.   
One of the Plebs

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 04:26:01 pm »
Just got home and now im chilling by the fan..... with just my pants on.
'Tis a sight to behold.   

Likewise, but I have a portable air conditioner. Bliss.
It's a game of three halves!

JackieW

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 06:47:44 pm »

Your welcome.

I just take a big thermos flask of water with ice cubes in it. Stays  cold  all day. Usually too cold to drink if I put in too many ice cubes.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »
i dont take anything extra with me to work than i normally do apart from a blue ice block from the freezer(in my lunch box)....i always take a flask of tea,some milk,sandwiches,yoghurt,protein bar and some fruit plus a gym bottle of water.i might add another piece of fruit like a nectarine/apple but thats it....

ive usually got customers offering me drinks so ill have  water or coffee(or both!).....if im really thirsty ill drink  out of a customers outside tap but i cant remember the last time i had to do this! ;D

itll soon be winter lads........ :D

andyM

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 07:47:52 pm »
i dont take anything extra with me to work than i normally do apart from a blue ice block from the freezer(in my lunch box)....

You actually put a freezer block down your pants?   

Bravo! 
One of the Plebs